Cool flyby

Cool to look at, but not the greatest thing safety-wise... for the pilot or the camera-operator.

Cool, Ken.

A friend of mine has a Pilatus P-3 trainer and he owed me a ride since I had given him a couple of helicopter rides. Among other outrageous stuff, he did a low pass at Chester County (40N) at something like 230 kt. We pulled some pretty good Gs when he pulled up!

Like this one?

Attachments

• ohmygodSpitfire pass.wmv
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
Cool to look at, but not the greatest thing safety-wise... for the pilot or the camera-operator.

When I first started taking lessons, my instructor and I were in the practice area practicing stalls and slow flight. My instructor's husband was scheduled to ferry a plane that afternoon. We heard him take off from the airport, and he called us and asked where we were. She told him what practice area we were in. A few minutes later, he called us again, verified our position and what plane were were in, then told us to "hold steady and don't move". I was flying..with a whopping 10 hrs under my belt. My instructor just told me to hold altitude and not to bank the plane..she didn't tell me what was coming next. Next thing I knew, this guy comes flying over the top of me in a roll. I looked up as he went over to see the top of his plane as he was inverted VERY close to my plane. She just giggled. It scared the bejesus out of me. Then I got mad. We had words about what is and isn't "safe" on our way back to the airport. I landed, taxied to the FBO parking, then I fired her. I also had words with the owner she worked for. I was NOT a happy camper at how reckless both of them had been with MY safety. :no: I'd handle it a little differently now, but I still get peeved when I think about it.

Not sure why the fly-by made me think of that. The planes were similar, maybe that's why. :D

Another reason I own a Trinidad. Not quite as dramatic as your video however it still gets my heart pumping in the morning.

Gary

Attachments

• trinidad.wmv
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
Back