Contract pilot suffering

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
This contract pilot work is brutal. Look at the view I have to put up with from my hotel room waiting for the trip back. Utterly disgraceful.

And on top of this the autopilot acted up a bit, and I actually had to handfly for awhile yesterday.

c99bd801-9783-4991.jpg

The other pilot and I hired a boat to go deep sea fishing tomorrow. Maybe we won't catch anything adding further to this arduous travel.

oh yea that looks really rough...

where is that thread ignore feature again???

This contract pilot work is brutal. Look at the view I have to put up with from my hotel room waiting for the trip back. Utterly disgraceful.

And on top of this the autopilot acted up a bit, and I actually had to handfly for awhile yesterday.

c99bd801-9783-4991.jpg
A ha! You are in Cabo. I thought I recognized it. I have a very similar picture from when I was also there for work. :)

Attachments

• 2004-10-14 at 07-48-01.jpg
    2004-10-14 at 07-48-01.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Poor baby, life is so hard for you...... NOT

Where are you anyway? This rocks in the background look like we should recognize them.

You beat me Mari, now I know why it looked familiar

A ha! You are in Cabo. I thought I recognized it. I have a very similar picture from when I was also there for work. :)

Ahh, you beat me to it! That's an unmistakable view! I love sending pictures like that to my friends and family while I'm at work and getting a string of curse words back in return. Good fun! Glad you're enjoying "work," Lance; you're down there at the perfect time!

Attachments

• IMG_20110607_181731.jpg
    IMG_20110607_181731.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20110718_172506.jpg
    IMG_20110718_172506.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20110718_172532.jpg
    IMG_20110718_172532.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 18
There ya go, a new POA feature. Guess the location. But you have to have flown in to submit.

Last edited:
Did you go to CSL (the little airport) or San Jose Del Cabo (the big one)?

We used the big one MMSD. We want the longer runway.

Dear Mari,

I am jealous of your location.

Love,

Kimberly
Well, just squinting at it it could be California...

That was the first time I had stayed overnight, actually a couple nights in Nantucket. Wish the weather had been better but this was a couple weeks ago when the east coast was getting a lot of rain. It was mostly west of us over the mainland but still pretty grey.

Affirmative. I need to pick a harder one next time. :rofl:

I think the trick is, both you and Jason need to be banned from answering quizes like these. You two have been EVERYWHERE it seems like. By the way, Mari, I'm harboring a secret resentment for you, because EVERY time I look up an airport for Operation: Fly you've already claimed it! :D

The rules did not say they had to be in CA?

The rules said I had to have landed there in a small privately owned airplane.

Well, just squinting at it it could be California...

That was the first time I had stayed overnight, actually a couple nights in Nantucket. Wish the weather had been better but this was a couple weeks ago when the east coast was getting a lot of rain. It was mostly west of us over the mainland but still pretty grey.

Yes, that is Brant Point Light, at the mouth of the harbor. And Nantucket is sometimes called The Grey Lady. Fog happens out there....

-Skip

Back