Continental 0-200A Newly Overhauled Oil Temp

Check the STC instructions for your plane, but i believe it should be removed. It is silver soldered or brazed to the plug. On mine, they didn't take the trouble to unsolder it, they just cut it flush. On first annual the IA threw it on the table, and said that's no good, while I was researching other needed parts. Quickly found a replacement screen on eBay and ordered it. The couple days it took to show up, I found Stc instructions. Does any one need a new old stock O200 oil screen. It just the screen not the plug screen combo.
It's the Stratus Oil Filter and it states to remove the screen.

Curious if there is an aftermarket solution providing the nut sans the screen.

A hacksaw or brazing torch.

A hacksaw or brazing torch.
Done. Eliminated the screen. Chucked the assembly in a drill motor and rotated slowly while applying heat. The screen fell right off.

We also found the lead to the oil temp probe wire was broken 1/2 thru at the spade.

Tomorrow morning plan on a test flight. Expect to see lower oil temps.

*Time to gripe now. Everything so far about my C-140 C-85 was easier to work on than the 0-200. What a safety wire goat rope at the probe and housing. Plus the cowling is a royal PIA

Tinnerman nuts rule!

Ive owned my 1966 C150 for 19 years. It has always ran hot. Summer is runs near red line.
I ultimately chunked the mechanical gauges and went with an OPT-1 Engine Oil Pressure and Temp Gauge. Turns out my gauge was bad as my temps ran 197 degrees at the warmest with the digital gauge.

Last week I had a 6.2 hr RT cross country and temps never exceeded 189 degrees with Oil Pressure 37 psi in cruise.

Ive owned my 1966 C150 for 19 years. It has always ran hot. Summer is runs near red line.
1696007040098.png

Are the parts circled in red installed and correct? Those are the baffles and seals that cool the crankcase bottom and oil tank. The seals (9) fit against the cowling, around the small hole in the nose.

View attachment 121002

Are the parts circled in red installed and correct? Those are the baffles and seals that cool the crankcase bottom and oil tank. The seals (9) fit against the cowling, around the small hole in the nose.
I'll take a look this afternoon. I was going to head out to the airport anyhow. I bought two new soft brake hose for the mighty C150.

Back