Contest!

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Some of you may know, but Im planning to fly my glider in the 2007 Region 7 Sports Class Contest. I figured I have a good shot at getting last place. It should be a ton of fun, but requires a lot of stuff to be in order. First and foremost, I have to get a contest ID. Just saw today, that I got my requested tag of "ABC" somehow no one had requested it, I cant figure out why. ABC is the initials of my full name so I am excited! I get to pay 25 bucks for the privilege of painting it on my tail. Now I just need to get the chute repacked, find an IGC approved flight logger (ugh), come up with the dough to actually enter the contest. Oh yea and get the stupid Silver Badge. I also plan to paint Slow Moving Vehicle signs on the glider too so that people know to go around :D

For any of you midwest guys looking for some fun from May 27 to June 3, come to Albert Lea (KAEL). Matt will probably be flying his old Lark with its new owner and I plan to be there with the Cherokee II most days. Word is that another Cherokee II owner hopes to attend! Organizers are looking for 50ish gliders to be there and it is also serving as the Open Class (think looooooooong wings) and 18 meter class National Contest.

http://www.soarmn.com/cumulus/contest.htm

If nothing else anyone who shows up can crew for me cause god knows Ill end up landing out!

well Im excited now, off to change the signature and dream of cloud streets at 10,000 feet.

yea thanks brook. now i just have to start shoveling away money to pay the entry fee, jeepers!

I'll be there.

Curious..How much is this entry fee?

225 plus 53/tow. 7 days scheduled, refund for unused tow. comes out dang near 600 bucks!!!!!!!

you wanna pay my entry?

this will probably be the biggest hurdle to overcome for me to make this contest. talk about taking the wind out of your sails.

Remind me when it's getting close to the AEL meet, Tony...if I'm around, I might even be able to crew a day or two :)

Fly safe!

David

225 plus 53/tow. 7 days scheduled, refund for unused tow. comes out dang near 600 bucks!!!!!!!

you wanna pay my entry?

this will probably be the biggest hurdle to overcome for me to make this contest. talk about taking the wind out of your sails.

The prize money and TV/endorsements for the last place recognition you mentioned must be awesome!

Will do David. A crew even for a few days would be a wonderful thing to have. I wish Dave.

Yea, remind me when the time gets closer and I might be able to go for a few days

Speaking of contests, Tony, it looks like you and I are neck-and-neck in the posts race. I have 2,070 (ahem, 2,071) and you have 2,067.

Let's see how much worthless crap this generates... First one to 3,000 wins! ;) :D

its on kent

what you forget is that I am on vacation now, once i get back to school its going to be back to PoA hardcore :) hahahaha

wow what a looser i am.

another thing ive noticed though is that you cheat. you will make like three or four replies, one reply to each individual post. just trying to boost your count :)

Hi Tony, I did a Region 7 contest at Albert Lea many moons ago. Weather was TOUGH that year. I can verify there are plenty of places to land out :rolleyes: , but very friendly farmers. Have fun!

another thing ive noticed though is that you cheat. you will make like three or four replies, one reply to each individual post. just trying to boost your count :)

No, just trying to keep things properly threaded. Unlike you, Mr. "I only use quick reply." :p :rofl:

Good luck Tony. You'll be the next featured on the AmeriQuest Financial commercial. You really need the endorsements! Tagline: "Livin' the dream!"

Tony.... best of luck preparing and great success when you start the competition. But, don't you know competition is bad for people?!?! It hurts the self-esteem of the losers!!!

I can't resist throwing in my social-political rant somewhere in here! :D

Hi Tony, I did a Region 7 contest at Albert Lea many moons ago. Weather was TOUGH that year. I can verify there are plenty of places to land out :rolleyes: , but very friendly farmers. Have fun!

yea ive experienced that so far in my midwest cross country flying. It is the perfect time of year for it.

Tony.... best of luck preparing and great success when you start the competition. But, don't you know competition is bad for people?!?! It hurts the self-esteem of the losers!!!

I can't resist throwing in my social-political rant somewhere in here! :D

it would only hurt the self esteem of the losers who expected to win in the first place.

Back