Congrats to Americas youngest commercial pilot

You mean I didn't beat him at 29 yrs old? :D

Oh wow, and I was joking over on the Purple Board!

About time, what have you been waiting on?

Happy Birthday, David.

The FAA is going to have to start inventing ratings to attach to your subsequent birthdays - else, you'll have nothing to do!

---

Edit:

How long until your CFI ride?

Remember this?
So here I am.....4 months until I turn 18 (actually a little less) waiting because I'm not old enough to be a commercial pilot. I've got the hours for it, I'm just not old enough. I like being able to have atleast a minute amount of control over things in my life, however age isn't one. Some days I feel like I'm 17 going on 50, getting treated like a kid gets old pretty quick. Age is such a stupid and arbitrary number, 120 days will NOT make any difference in my piloting ability.

It's just....really dumb. I can fly all night, but if I drive on the road past midnight before 6am during the week I am committing a misdeamenor.

<sigh>

Congrats to you David! And hope you are having/have had a wonderful birthday!

(ps. Say "hi" to Angus for me will ya?):)

Congratulations!
So, does having the Commercial cert mean you can fly all by yourself? :eek:

Congrats!! Stop in at KMLE while you're up this way... I'll throw a few burgers on the grill. You can even bring that Jesse character along too, I have room in the truck. :D

As I sit at home, watching John King run through the commercial maneuvers, I lift my glass of Michelob Amber Bock to you David. Congratulations, happy birthday, and you beat me to the Commercial rating....ya little punk ;)

Wow. When this thread first appeared all I saw was "Congrats to Americas youngest..." and I thought, oh, another Jessica Dubroff in the making. But no, it's "our" David!

Congratulations, David!! :cheers:

Excellent, David!! You'll have to let us know when you earn your first dollar as a pilot!

congrats! by the time you are my age you'll probably be left seat in a gulfstream

Back