Congradulations,... Pilot! Best words Ever!

This afternoon, I was able to hang out at Wings Field with a few fellow pilots from the area, and some from far away too. Gary (From Delaware,... Missed you Mary!), Andrew, Lee (my AOPA Mentor), Adam, and I met at Wings field for a little hangar talk and to watch the action at the airport. It was neat to be part of this group, hearing their stories and knowing that I could soon be adding my own to the discussion. I breifly shared a little about my flight and my first flight with Becky, and how she was looking forward to her next flight, which will be with a dinner, lunch, or trip to meet up with some other pilots.

Ted and Melissa were thinking of flying down to join us from Williamsport. I was very humbled by this, as I have only met Ted once at the Wings FlyBQ. He called before takeoff, but ended up calling back shortly as they had some bad weather up there way and decided it would be best to turn back rather than get stuck down here for the night. A good pilot is a safe pilot, and they did the right thing. Adam checked the weather (he admits to being a weather junky) and sure enough, there was a line of weather extending out to their west, from New York state down past State College. Thanks for the thoughts Ted and Missa,.. I'll have to fly up there and add IPT to my list of airports landed at, and meet up with you guys for something to eat or ice cream. Ted, the photo below is for you from Wings FlyBQ.

This was also one of the few times that I was able to have a camera, a person to take a photo, and Lee in the same place at the same time. Lee has been very helpful throughout my training by answering the phone at various times throughout the day, or in the late evening while I was reviewing my flight plan for a cross country. We even reviewed some items at his house one evening so I could be sure I knew what I was talking about, and get some insight from someone who has been in those situations or knew of ways to avoid them. Since Bob didn't make it tonight, we decided to rub it in a little and photographed out in front of his plane, a really nice Cessna 172. He and I will have to make a flight together sometime.

So, without further ado, here I am with my AOPA mentor Lee, holding the Project Pilot certificate he presented to me and my Temporary Airman Certificate. Thanks Guys for a great evening, next time we'll have to get some flying in.

You and Lee should get "all the girls" together and have a mini multiple fly in. Your twins, his triplets. THAT RIGHT THERE WOULD BE AN AWESOME PHOTO OP!!!!! :D

It was a great afternoon. Lots of fun, good talk and a tour of a neat boeing helicopter.

Yep, fun time today. Congrats again to Rob!

Very nice touch taking a photo in front of Bob's plane......you guys crack me up!

Congrats!! I love reading these stories. :D
I hope to have one to post someday.

I'm saving that picture! That's adorable! :)

Sorry that we couldn't make it, but we will another time!

On a similar note, I just got my permanent airman's certificate in the mail yesterday. It's now in my wallet. I was wondering "What's this envelope from the FAA?" I opened it and found out. :D

Congrats! You're now Captain Rob! And based on your exploits so far, it shows you KKNOW the utility of your brand new PPL. Enjoy! I know I'm enjoying mine.

Back