Commercial written test passed but expired, do I need a new endorsement?

drummer4468

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
drummer4468
So I have a question I can’t seem to find an official answer to in writing:

I took and passed my commercial written exam a couple of years ago. Unfortunately stuff came up and I wasn’t able to finish my training in time, and that exam has since expired. Now that I’m able, I want to (finally) finish my commercial certificate

Do I need to get another endorsement to take another written exam? Or will the one that I already got suffice(assuming there are no expiration dates added to it)? And will I need the remedial training on the areas in the last test report, given that I already passed it?

I need to get these ducks in a row before I schedule another not-cheap test and have to jump through hoops for the the documentation

Thanks!

I had the same issue last year - thought I had until July to get my check ride but only had until June 30. I got a new endorsement since I was in constant contact with my instructor - looks like I didn’t need it

If it's been a couple of years, and as you pointed out these tests are expensive now, might be worth it to get the Sporty's online course or equivalent to kick the rust off. Yeah, that costs a bit - but probably worth it so you don't barely pass and have a long list of items your CFI has sign off on that he/she reviewed with you. AND that your DPE will grill you on.

Either way, congrats on committing to getting it done!

Back