Commercial written study programs

jeffwh1

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JeffH
I have started studying for the commercial written using the following books, but was also thinking of using one of the programs out there, like Sporty's, King, Fly8MA. Anyone have an opinion on these? Any real differences or are the pretty much the same?
Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (PHAK)
Airplane Flying Handbook (AFH)
Current FAR/AIM

For the written test? SheppardAir full stop.

And if you have CFI in your future plans, that knowledge exam shares many of the same questions. So consider taking it as soon as the CAX has been passed.

Thanks for the comments. Someone I was speaking with offline also mentioned Sheppard Air, guess I will check them out!

I used King and was very happy with the results. Scored a 92 and this particular King course is updated with a younger presenter. The Kings are still there, but in a reduced role. Just the right amount of their cornball humor.

Martha and one of her old friends kind of take you through it.

Sheppard air for the written.

To learn, I preferred a combination of the FAA books (PHAK and Airplane Flying Handbook) and FAR/AIM. Fly8AM was pretty good.

I feel guilty for saying it but I thought King was a serious let down. I really admire them but I didn’t like this product.

I bought the Gleim commercial book with its on line testing. I like reading a bit more than video format though.

Back