Commercial Pilot

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I'm thinking waaaaay ahead of myself. But since I might push for this once I get the required time, I want to make sure I've got the correct info....

Experience requirement for CPL is 250 hours. Correct? Any particular breakdown of PIC, XC, etc?

Found the answer on my own... FAR 61.129 :D

I'm thinking waaaaay ahead of myself. But since I might push for this once I get the required time, I want to make sure I've got the correct info....

Experience requirement for CPL is 250 hours. Correct? Any particular breakdown of PIC, XC, etc?

I was thinking about pursuing commercial, but the instrument check ride sucked most of my enthusiasm out of going any further. :lol:

I was thinking about pursuing commercial, but the instrument check ride sucked most of my enthusiasm out of going any further. :lol:

Commercial is like a reward for getting through IFR rating. It is fun to traing, and even a relatively low stress checkride.

seems like the commercial checkride is like a PPL checkride on steroids with a few more maneuvers thrown in. ill be starting training soon. i just need to build up about 20 more hours

seems like the commercial checkride is like a PPL checkride on steroids with a few more maneuvers thrown in. ill be starting training soon. i just need to build up about 20 more hours

You already know most of the stuff, you just need to refine them and learn a few more. It really is a fun thing to do, and most people don't take 40 hours to do it :)

Much preferred the comm.ride as opposed the the IFR ride,

i really enjoyed my ifr ride. it was busy as hell and was always constantly doing something, but i really had fun doing it. i talked with the owner of the flight school where im going to do training and he said it should take about 20-25 hrs
Much preferred the comm.ride as opposed the the IFR ride,

Guess I'm the only one here who found the IR easier and more fun. I hated Lazy 8s with a passion (until my CFI for my CFI initial showed me how to do them correctly).

Don't get me wrong, I like IFR flying and working on instruments. But commercial was a nice change after 40 hours of hood work....

Guess I'm the only one here who found the IR easier and more fun. I hated Lazy 8s with a passion (until my CFI for my CFI initial showed me how to do them correctly).

Curious - what were you doing before and then what did you learn?

That's so weird Aggie! I was just talking today about this. I am stepping up my IR training and just wistfully said hey the CPL isn't that far off if I want to do it.

Curious - what were you doing before and then what did you learn?

I was picking a reference point for each segment (45, 90, 135, and 180), which over complicated it imo. The way I do/teach them now is to just pick 1 reference off one wing and bring the other wing around to it and then repeat for the second half of the maneuver. Makes it simpler and easier to visualize.

I was picking a reference point for each segment (45, 90, 135, and 180), which over complicated it imo. The way I do/teach them now is to just pick 1 reference off one wing and bring the other wing around to it and then repeat for the second half of the maneuver. Makes it simpler and easier to visualize.

Great thanks. Then you 'guesstimate' in between I assume.

Back