Commercial / Multi

muddy00

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
muddy00
ok so I'm wanting to do commercial than multi , currently just finished instrument. Is it best to get commercial in single than go take a multi course ? Does the instrument and commercial follow or will multi / commercial be totally different ?

ok so I'm wanting to do commercial than multi , currently just finished instrument. Is it best to get commercial in single than go take a multi course ? Does the instrument and commercial follow or will multi / commercial be totally different ?
You can do it either way. If money is the driving factor, it is typically cheaper to do the Comm SEL first and then the MEL as an add on. The main reasons to do the Comm MEL first and then the SEL is that you get a jumpstart on building multi time and the flight test is easier for the Comm Initial if you do it in the twin.

Do the Comm ASEL first for the commercial maneuvers, 8s on pylons etc.
Comm multi add-on will require multi work only and not all the comm maneuvers, expect percision and no percision approach under the hood, engine shut down and restart under the hood. Expect a single engine approach, not under hood. The hood work is to carry your instrument privileges to the multi. Otherwise it will say VFR only.

Do the Comm ASEL first for the commercial maneuvers, 8s on pylons etc.
Comm multi add-on will require multi work only and not all the comm maneuvers
This has been addressed before. Even if you do the Comm multi first, you will not do the lazy 8s, chandelles, or pylon 8s. Those are Single Engine maneuvers only. You will not find them in the ME PTS whether it's add on or initial.

This has been addressed before. Even if you do the Comm multi first, you will not do the lazy 8s, chandelles, or pylon 8s. Those are Single Engine maneuvers only. You will not find them in the ME PTS whether it's add on or initial.
Ah yes, I remeber that discussion. Thanks.

Both the multi and single you'll be back to eyes outside with the exception of the single engine approach with the multi. I did my SEL then MEL.

Back