Commercial Check ride coming soon...

calberto

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Calberto
I'm going to be taking my commercial check ride soon. Any tips, hints, or tough questions you got from your guys' experience?

Single or multi?

Just relax and take it easy. Commercial doesn't mean perfection, just keep on top of the maneuvers and keep it within tolerances. Your instructor would not have signed you off if he did not think you were ready. If you slip a little make corrections.
There will not be any surprises, you have done it all before.

Not sure if I ever could do some of those maneuvers... Guess I did good enough at one point in history. I'm positive I couldn't do them today. Thank God ATC has never asked me to do a chandelle to the left..

Good luck on your ride..

Look at the PTS. It's an open book test as in you'll know exactly what's going to be tested. My commercial ride was really straight forward, relaxed, and actually enjoyable and I learned a lot.

If you have practiced all the maneuvers,there shouldn't be a problem. Relax its a great ride,if you like doing maneuvers. The oral is a learning experience.

Don't worry. Commercial checkride was the easiest in my opinion. Oral was pretty much private pilot questions with a few, "Can you get paid to do this?" scenarios.

Watching this closely... I'm almost done with my commercial training and still have to take the written.

Thanks for all of the advice guys! I guess it pretty much is just like any other fllight, it's just with a stranger haha.

Watching this closely... I'm almost done with my commercial training and still have to take the written.

Awesome! The written isn't too bad. It's not nearly as hard as the instrument written was (at least for me).

Back