Comely, doe-eyed young Russian girls

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
...flying clatter-trap aircraft on insane missions during WWII.
Free Prime 8-episode series, look for "Night Swallows"
Russian with eng subtitles.
Sort of interesting despite flaws but the main thing is it gets you to imagining the very real & difficult circumstances this outfit dealt with.
The 588th Night Bomber Regiment.
Check out "The Night Witches" on Wiki.
If you are not in love with Zhenia by the end, check yourself for a pulse!

Last edited:
I googled "Night Swallows" and found some other interesting flicks that may or may not have involved Russian girls.

That was some rapid drift even for POA. Mark the date for the record and move on....rapidly.

That’s quite a misleading title..

Its a Lecher Trap, worked on ya good!

Seriously, those were some girls - I’m in awe of what they did.
Know any 19 yo girls today who’d have a hope of flying 800 bombing missions over the enemy ,in a piece of junk, at night?

Know any 19 yo girls today who’d have a hope of flying 800 bombing missions over the enemy ,in a piece of junk, at night?
Actually, I know quite a few who would be more than capable. The Israeli IDF is one of the best fighting forces in the world and it’s half female. Hell, Wonder Woman was in the IDF.

Yep, it is amazing what motivation you have when a foreign army invades your country and the home army that likely conscripted you says- "Do this or we'll shoot you!". Why women? Why the PO-2? Why no parachutes? Because the Soviets were desperate and the plane and pilot were considered expendable. Their bombing missions likely had some effect and did help the Soviet war effort, but the true value of these missions is questionable. I believe they may have been better off training these women to be fighter, ground attack and bomber pilots with more competitive aircraft.

And I bet those girls didn’t need to wait decades to receive the recognition they deserved from their government.

Ummm, there's a reason the CIA recruited women to track OBL. Do not give a young lady a reason to hate...

Back