Combining Checkrides

sferguson524

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FormerSocalFlyer
Dumb question, probably asked here before... Would I be able to combine my initial multi and Instrument airplane in the same checkride? My gut says no, but it's been wrong before.

You could do them one right after the other in the same day. Not sure you can do two at once.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know people who’ve done a combined private/instrument ride. Not sure about multi/instrument. I’m not sure of any rules that says you can’t. My guess is it would be at the examiner’s discretion.

I think the only checkrides you can combine are private and instrument and only if you have completed an approved part 141 appendix M course.

I would think you can get them in the same day. Examiner would probably do two flights and the remaining things that didn’t overlap you would do again. I would think it would be cheaper to do the instrument in a SEL plane then do the multi add-on after.

Dumb question, probably asked here before... Would I be able to combine my initial multi and Instrument airplane in the same checkride? My gut says no, but it's been wrong before.

I see no reason why you can’t, but I would advise against actually doing it.

Yes but the DPE may split them up, or may not. DPE may also charge for two rides. I did my Commercial/Instrument combined, although it was 141. Used two planes, a C182 and a Lance.

Back in the 80's I did my ATP, C500 type, C500 135 PIC and MEI all in one ride. The first three were all basically the same check.

I did the instrument first,then the multi add on. Did the instrument in a single,172.

My question would be if they did let you do it and you busted on one does that mean you bust on them both?

My question would be if they did let you do it and you busted on one does that mean you bust on them both?
Yes, if you are doing a combined checkride you either pass the whole thing or fail the whole thing. The following is from page 2 of the private pilot ACS where it talks about taking a combined private pilot/instrument checkride.

A combined checkride should be treated as one practical test, requiring only one application and resulting in only one temporary certificate, disapproval notice, or letter of discontinuance, as applicable. Failure of any Task will result in a failure of the entire test and application. Therefore, even if the deficient maneuver was instrument related and the performance of all visual flight rules (VFR) Tasks was determined to be satisfactory, the applicant will receive a notice of disapproval.

Back