Combination VOR/CDI question

Wrench978

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Wrench978
I have seen some aircraft with a nav radio built into the CDI. who makes them? and are they IFR capable? A plane that I am interested in has 2, and says its VFR, so I am curious what it would take to make the plane IFR capable.

You mean like this?
https://www.valavionics.com/ins-429.html
2843222.jpg

Narco made them. No longer in business.

I have seen some aircraft with a nav radio built into the CDI. who makes them? and are they IFR capable? A plane that I am interested in has 2, and says its VFR, so I am curious what it would take to make the plane IFR capable.

91.411 and 91.413

This would be an aircraft to be purchased with the intent to refurbished. Those are very old, used to install them, not a fan of them back then.

Narco made them. No longer in business.

Thanks.

91.411 and 91.413

Ok, thanks. That helps clear things up for me

This would be an aircraft to be purchased with the intent to refurbished. Those are very old, used to install them, not a fan of them back then.

Yeah, for the price of the aircraft, I would be able to put a GNX375 in it and get adsb and ifr gps. I don’t have my instrument rating yet. But I want to be able to train in whatever I end up buying

As far as I know, you need a gyro panel and a current pitot static to have your aircraft legal for IFR. Probably would help have some instruments to do approaches though.

Back