Comanche 250 (1961)

etemplet

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
etemplet
I have a friend with a Comanche 250 that needs some work May be a good fixer upper for the right person. 1000 mile range and pretty darn fast. I think he said an IO540 (?) Here is a link to the pictures and such. No price because he doesn't know what it is worth as is and I am the first person he talked to about it.

http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?p=1758223#post1758223

The plane is located in Hammond, LA (KHDC)

I love Comanches, I really do, but that one may be close to being a parts plane after sitting unflown for that long.

An A&P could buy it and (possibly) make financial sense of getting it in the air.

;) If it is any good.... I'll probably be the first to know OK second or third... :yes:

I have a friend with a Comanche 250 that needs some work May be a good fixer upper for the right person. 1000 mile range and pretty darn fast. I think he said an IO540 (?) Here is a link to the pictures and such. No price because he doesn't know what it is worth as is and I am the first person he talked to about it.

http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?p=1758223#post1758223

The plane is located in Hammond, LA (KHDC)

Linking to a restricted post that many people here won't have access to is not the best marketing strategy.

I love Comanches, I really do, but that one may be close to being a parts plane after sitting unflown for that long.

An A&P could buy it and (possibly) make financial sense of getting it in the air.

:yeahthat:

very questionable engine, and no radios. many people will value the motor as a runout. with the cost of avionics, bladders (?) and engine work, it's gonna be a lot of $$$.

I hate to see a plane get parted out, but this plane requires someone who really wants to get it airworthy again.

Is he a member of the Comanche owners group? I think you can sign up on their board and post it there, too...

Probably get the low teens,would want a good mechanic to check it out first.

Linking to a restricted post that many people here won't have access to is not the best marketing strategy.

No marketing strategy. Just a post. :)

This is just a picture of the plane as it sits. I am sure it has all the radios and and instruments. I think someone local will probably end up buying the plane.

It's an annoying post for the reason given. There are several aircraft listing sites for low or no cost.

Then read it and move on bro. If I didn't think this plane had potential for someone I wouldn't have posted it. Unlike you, I've seen this plane in person and talked to knowledgeable people about it.

As for what you think :rofl: Kids !! :dunno:

Then read it and move on bro. If I didn't think this plane had potential for someone I wouldn't have posted it. Unlike you, I've seen this plane in person and talked to knowledgeable people about it.

As for what you think :rofl: Kids !! :dunno:

You aren't getting it, unless one has an AOPA account they aren't seeing anything at all. If you want to create a post on this forum, make sure the people on this forum can access the bloody information. Get it now? Don't link to an AOPA post and expect the users of this forum to access it. This board was created as an alternative to the AOPA board, not as subjugate to it.

This is just a picture of the plane as it sits. I am sure it has all the radios and and instruments. I think someone local will probably end up buying the plane.

It's not a picture of **** all, it's an inaccessible pay site link. At this point your post is AOPA SPAM.

Where is the picture? Is it in the linked site that not everyone can get to? Why not just post it here?

Jim

Jim, is the link not working ? I clicked on it from this site and it was a bit slow but it pulled up. It is on the AOPA (red board) I just didn't feel like posting the pictures at both sites.

But here ya go man !!

I don't think this plane is never going to be advertised officially. I'm just trying to give someone a heads up. For savvy aviators this might be one heck of an airplane on the cheap and you could fly it and upgrade it up as you go.

I'm taking the owner flying next week and I would like to be there if/when the check out the engine. I am sure they have the radios and anything else not shown in the pictures.

Attachments

• DSC01939.JPG
    DSC01939.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01940.JPG
    DSC01940.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01946.JPG
    DSC01946.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC01947.JPG
    DSC01947.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Jim, is the link not working ? I clicked on it from this site and it was a bit slow but it pulled up. It is on the AOPA (red board) I just didn't feel like posting the pictures at both sites.

But here ya go man !!

I don't think this plane is never going to be advertised officially. I'm just trying to give someone a heads up. For savvy aviators this might be one heck of an airplane on the cheap and you could fly it and upgrade it up as you go.

I'm taking the owner flying next week and I would like to be there if/when the check out the engine. I am sure they have the radios and anything else not shown in the pictures.

The link only works for people who have an account and log into it. Thank you for posting the photos! Now I can see what it is that you are trying to show us.

Jim

You aren't getting it, unless one has an AOPA account they aren't seeing anything at all. If you want to create a post on this forum, make sure the people on this forum can access the bloody information. Get it now? Don't link to an AOPA post and expect the users of this forum to access it. This board was created as an alternative to the AOPA board, not as subjugate to it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and.... I care about your obnoxious rants? Too funny. Go yell at little girls you might scare "them" maybe.

Last edited:
The link only works for people who have an account and log into it. Thank you for posting the photos! Now I can see what it is that you are trying to show us.

Jim

No problem Jim. Happy to help. Sorry for the confusion. I have a few more pictures but none more revealing.

Wow. Look at the corrosion on the throttle. Males an imagination wonder a little.

Is there a Comanche museum anywhere? I can't imagine it flying away from that hangar.

The prop is all wrapped up in the packaging from being rebuilt just not installed. Of course I don't know how long it has been sitting there. :) Prolly a few years.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and.... I care about your obnoxious rants? Too funny. Go yell at little girls you might scare "them" maybe.

Really?!?

You help your "friend" market his airplane by linking to posts on on a pay-only member site that many can't see and then insulting someone who tries multiple times to point that out to you??

Really?!?

You help your "friend" market his airplane by linking to posts on on a pay-only member site that many can't see and then insulting someone who tries multiple times to point that out to you??

Bravo, well said!

Bravo, well said!

Henning's first posts were quite polite. OP's response was immature and uncalled for.

There are too many planes on the market these for a seller to act like this.

Henning's first posts were quite polite. OP's response was immature and uncalled for.

Even if they weren't polite (and I agree with you), they still were helping him to get his friends plane sold.

At the end of the day, this thread is not about selling a plane. That's too bad. While this one is probably too far gone for most of us to save, there are probably a few who could, but who is going to wade through the BS to see it? If I was the owner, I'd be PO'd.... but then Henning probably is a d@mn nice guy next to me :lol:, so what do I know?

I tend to give respect as long as it is given to me. And no, his first post was not polite and he second post earned him the response he got and his third earned him the next response. That's life.

This is the classifieds. If you have a question about the plane I'll find out what I can.

that plane taken at face value from the photos and description, will sell for 8-12K if it sells

Is he a member of the Comanche owners group? I think you can sign up on their board and post it there, too...

Thanks but I just posted on a few boards I visit on occasion. I just posted to be more of a resource to anyone that is interested in the plane. Sometimes people are out there with cash looking for the right deal for them.

I tend to give respect as long as it is given to me. And no, his first post was not polite and he second post earned him the response he got and his third earned him the next response. That's life.

This is the classifieds. If you have a question about the plane I'll find out what I can.

Isn't polite?:dunno: Well aren't you just a sensitive ****.:rolleyes:

Need to know the specifics about the engine. Total time, was it pickled, do the cam/crank look just like the throttle...? I would be looking for a good core.

Of course I love Comanches. I hope that someone rich and sentimental for Comanches buys it. Bringing it up to good airworthy status will likely costs 10's of thousands more than it could ever be sold for and take a 1000+ hours of labor. Realistically, it is probably a parts plane, which is sad. They are such great planes.

:rolleyes2:

Back