Colorado Springs - Cutter or Jet Center?

RussR

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Russ
I will be flying a 182 into COS here in a few weeks. I considered flying into KFLY (Meadowlake) but car rental seemed much less convenient, especially as I will be departing there (and therefore returning the car) on a Sunday. So COS it is.

I have been to Cutter once, and the service was fine. But that was 10 years ago, so my experience is dated.

I called both Cutter and Colorado Jet Center and their prices were pretty much a wash:
Tie-down per night - Cutter - $10, CJC - $6.
Fuel - within a few cents, but Cutter offers a $0.25 discount on weekends
Rental cars - Cutter uses Enterprise, CJC uses Budget, but at the same contract rate (which is actually a couple dollars cheaper than the rental agencies' websites).

Since I will be buying gas on the weekend, the prices come out to effectively identical. A few bucks either way.

So since there isn't a real difference price-wise, any recommendations? Both receive excellent user reviews on airnav.com, even when trying to only consider the single-engine piston reviews.

Should I just flip a coin?

Only experience I have in Colorado Springs is I was there once and used Jet Center. Customer wanted dropped off there. I asked for 20 per side of 100LL, and received 100 gallons of 100LL.

They did give me a greatly discounted rate. Otherwise service was good, folks were friendly and one of the linemen took me into town to get a bite to eat. That was in 2012.

I usually use Cutter if I have a choice.

Cutter has always given great service...

This. I can't speak for COS specifically, but if there is s Cutter on the field, that is where I go. Cutter is pretty much the Wilson Air of the West.
Cutter COS has always been helpful. I've used their crew car to take guests to dinner and to take me to a business meeting. I always get what gas I can. Even coming back late from dinner they didn't care.

I'd vote Cutter there also FWIW.

Half joking but half not: Anyplace with "jet" in its name, usually doesn't want my business as bad as they want someone else's. Nothing bad about that, it just is.

Back