Colorado POA-AME

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Front Range folks

Any recommendations on an AME along the Front Range? Mine decided to retire a few years ago, and I'm not happy with the one I ended up with couple years ago. Would not answer questions, but happy to take the money, etc. Currently dealing with classic issues of aging, and we'll leave it at that.

Sort of a local Dr Bruce.

I'm pleased with Dr. Robert Sancetta http://www.sancetta.com/ - perhaps the closest to a "Doc Bruce" I've come across in our neck of the woods - he specializes in "complex" medicals. A bit of a commute for you, tho.

Aviation & Occupational Medicine, Michael Ladwig, M.D., P.C.
6900 E. 47th Avenue Drive, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80216

Don't know if he'll be responsive but he did tell me about how he was helping folks with disabilities get their medicals.

Aviation & Occupational Medicine, Michael Ladwig, M.D., P.C.
6900 E. 47th Avenue Drive, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80216

Don't know if he'll be responsive but he did tell me about how he was helping folks with disabilities get their medicals.
This is who I have been using for several years. If you go on a Friday it's Dr. Brignoni. I'll say that I picked them because they are fast and take walk-ins. In fact everyone is a walk-in. I think he has a lot of airline pilot customers. I can't say how he'd be with a complicated case since I got my SI from Dr. Bruce in Peoria. Not sure how pleased Dr. Ladwig was that I got it elsewhere but oh well.

I can't say how he'd be with a complicated case since I got my SI from Dr. Bruce in Peoria. Not sure how pleased Dr. Ladwig was that I got it elsewhere but oh well.

Most doctors forget that not only are we Patients, we're also Customers.

Wayne Peters in Denver (on Ilif just east of Colorado Blvd) was my AME most of my years there. Thorough, conversational. And I credit him with saving helping me through the Special Issuance process without even a day's loss of the certificate.

Used to go to Ladwig, went to Harris the last time.

Mostly because I was still in the age range where you barely remember you needed to go anyway, and Harris is at the airport. And I could fog a mirror.

Now I'll have to go more often so I should probably figure out who's clueful and connected in OKC.

I suppose if any real health issues come up, I'd just be on a human self-loading cargo aircraft to Illinois.

With no way to compare the skill set of AMEs nor their willingness to battle bureaucracy, and having met the good Peoria Doc and seen what he's done for others, it'd be stupid not to.

A plane ticket to someone who knows the system and won't likely ever screw up, would be well worth the price of admission.

Bruce posted links some time ago about the multiple levels of AME, which isn't all that widely known or noticed by most of us. If I were looking locally I'd be looking at only the top tier Docs on that list. Don't have to go all the way to the HIMS list, but there were like three certification levels for regular ol' AMEs.

Used to go to Ladwig, went to Harris the last time.

Mostly because I was still in the age range where you barely remember you needed to go anyway, and Harris is at the airport. And I could fog a mirror.

Now I'll have to go more often so I should probably figure out who's clueful and connected in OKC.

I suppose if any real health issues come up, I'd just be on a human self-loading cargo aircraft to Illinois.

With no way to compare the skill set of AMEs nor their willingness to battle bureaucracy, and having met the good Peoria Doc and seen what he's done for others, it'd be stupid not to.

A plane ticket to someone who knows the system and won't likely ever screw up, would be well worth the price of admission.

Bruce posted links some time ago about the multiple levels of AME, which isn't all that widely known or noticed by most of us. If I were looking locally I'd be looking at only the top tier Docs on that list. Don't have to go all the way to the HIMS list, but there were like three certification levels for regular ol' AMEs.

Right now I'm just looking for a consultation, not the exam. Need to get the ducks in order, know what paperwork, tests, letters, etc. Even tomhead up to Peoria, I want to have everything I need before I walk in

Between my favorite AME retiring (15 years as my AME) and my GP who also retired (former USAF flight surgeon who knew exactly what needed to be done) I'm back in search mode. I'm "training" my current physicians how to write reports for the FAA and it works better if another physician explains it to them.

Or sell the cherokee and buy a sail boat?

Right now I'm just looking for a consultation, not the exam. Need to get the ducks in order, know what paperwork, tests, letters, etc. Even tomhead up to Peoria, I want to have everything I need before I walk in

Between my favorite AME retiring (15 years as my AME) and my GP who also retired (former USAF flight surgeon who knew exactly what needed to be done) I'm back in search mode. I'm "training" my current physicians how to write reports for the FAA and it works better if another physician explains it to them.

Or sell the cherokee and buy a sail boat?
You can consult with Dr. Bruce by email (for a modest fee) without getting the final exam from him. He is very quick to respond. He'll tell you what paperwork and tests you will need to get from your doctors. I wasn't sure what I was going to do at first but ended up going to Peoria because I didn't have anything else to do anyway (I was on medical leave), plus getting back to work even a few days earlier paid for the trip.

In fairness to Dr. Ladwig, I have no idea what the outcome would have been if I had used him instead. Since that one time I've gone back to using him but I don't have any ongoing issues.

In your position, I would probably call up one of the doctors mentioned who seems promising to you and ask if you can do a consultation.

Hi All,

Just bouncing this post back up. Dr. Paddack is no longer listed in the FAA database and Sancetta isn't taking new patients.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't want to name names, but the AME I saw last time was unhelpful with my SI and has an eye chart situation that is set up for pilots to fail IMHO.

- Jack

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back