Colorado Plane crash

If that’s the plane it looks like to me, the owner and his brother have always been very nice to me when I’ve poked my nose into their hangar.

It was really nasty windy/gusty here today... :( Location of crash appears to be around elevated terrain south of runway 33 approximately under the pattern.

I thought it was se of of rw 33? And rw 15 uses a rp. I was told about this as we were bumping along this afternoon. I know metro hit 40 kt gusts this afternoon.

Sad to hear about this and my thoughts are with the familes of the airmen.

If that’s the plane it looks like to me, the owner and his brother have always been very nice to me when I’ve poked my nose into their hangar.

It was really nasty windy/gusty here today... :( Location of crash appears to be around elevated terrain south of runway 33 approximately under the pattern.
That terrain to the south rises deceptively fast. Very easy to get too low.

Very sad news.
RIP

Was this plane based at Erie municipal?

Interesting how they taped over the N-number.

Very sad news.
RIP

Was this plane based at Erie municipal?
If it is the plane I think it is, yes, based at KEIK.

I’m fairly sure...there are a number of identifying things about it.

If it is the plane I think it is, yes, based at KEIK.

I’m fairly sure...there are a number of identifying things about it.

Very sad news.
I was at Erie a few times. The Husky I bought earlier this year used to be based there.

Really sad to hear. You will be dearly missed. RIP.

This just in. The pilot that died in a crash last week, once got a D on a math quiz while in the 5th grade. Stay tuned for more shocking details as this story develops. :rolleyes:

...although it does not appear to have been suspended at the time of the accident, from that link.

Article was corrected. When I read it and posted the link it was incorrect and I erroneously assumed the normally highly accurate press did their normal outstanding due diligence on aviation reporting. The story has a note which I pasted below. Of course that could be wrong as well.

Note: A previous version of this story read the pilot had a suspended license at the time of the crash. This was incorrect and after clarifying with the FAA, this story has been corrected.

Back