Colorado Pilots & Visitors

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
For those of you who live here, or are planning on visiting, the Colorado Airport Directory is now available online in PDF format.

http://www.coloradodot.info/programs/aeronautics/RequestForm

And go to the bottom of the page for the download link. Next step is to convince them to put it on the iTunes so we can download to iPhones & iPads.

Downloaded into my iPad just fine in GoodReader. (?) Clicked link, clicked "Open in GoodReader".

(If you haven't seen GoodReader and it's capabilities, check it out. Links to Dropbox and various other file transfer services, etc. Very good tool.)

I see they've already fixed some errors on the DEN page. My printed copy differs from the PDF.

Tip for cheap pilots like myself - download iBooks(free), click the link at the bottom of the page linked above and pick "Open in iBooks". That will store PDF file on your iPad for offline browsing.

Wow! That was fast.

I downloaded the directory for my iPad about a week ago and sent them an email because the pdf file was printed 2-up. Suggested to them that it would be more useful, especially given the number of iPads now being used in aviation, if they would re-print it 1-up.

A week later and there it is!!

Tip for cheap pilots like myself - download iBooks(free), click the link at the bottom of the page linked above and pick "Open in iBooks". That will store PDF file on your iPad for offline browsing.
Yeah, did that a lot with iBooks but found that too many of the pdfs I wanted to download had no "covers" which made determining what they were difficult. The simple Goodreader list-style interface and ability to organize in folders seemed more useful and it has been.

Last edited:
Back