Colorado Pilots - Sun, May1

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Looks good until mid-afternoon. Greeley for breakfast 11 am?

Hope you learn the restaurant isn't open on Sundays before you got there.

Hope you learn the restaurant isn't open on Sundays before you got there.

If not, I see a $100 hamburger 709 ride in Blanche's future...:D

Huh? They've been closing at noon on Sundays and only serving breakfast.

You're right. I was confused, sorry about that. I was thinking of lunch. And you could even do an early lunch. From their web page: "Breakfast can be ordered every morning from 7:00 to 10:45, except on Sundays, when it’s offered until early closing at 1:00. Lunch is served Monday-Saturday from 11:00 until the Barnstormer’s usual closing time of 3:00."

Well, I never even took off today. Went to the hangar and installed the new portable GPS (old one died), did some cleaning, and moved stuff from the car to the hangar.

*sigh*

A huge total of 0.5 hrs in April due to weather (winds, mostly) and installing the engine monitor. Two new toys and I haven't had a chance to play with either.

rats.

Ah, what's a little wind?

It has been strange. I flew Thursday afternoon because it seemed to have died down. As soon as I got in the plane it picked up.

And Saturday - winds were strong enough that we took off on runway 28 - which is very, very rare at KAPA.

Sunday was nice. I thought so, anyway.

Wish I hadn't accidentally cut someone off in the pattern at KAPA though. Lost sight of a PiperSport ahead, looked over and saw a Diamond nearing the numbers and figured that was my traffic... crud.

Of course, there was a "mental setup" for this earlier in the day... Tower mixed me up with someone else and I ended up almost to the reservoir before I could point out that the "traffic" he was calling out to me was me. LOL!

So from that point on I was probably mentally trying not to get screwed up by the Tower and just fly proper/normal patterns until they figured out who was in the conga line for 35R...

Well anyway...

Took four adults and four kids up for airplane rides. That kept me busy for 2.0 on the Hobbs... and obviously not at the same time. ;)

Looks like we all had the itch to get in the air. I was up early and did some bill paying and then got thinking that the winds were light at KBJC, so I quickly scheduled a plane and did some pattern work and T&Gs. Felt great! :D

Back