Colorado people - who's around this week?

Best day to get together.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
I'm in town from now until 1 Aug. Is there anything going on around the Denver area this week(end)? Anyone up for a lunch/dinner meet-and-greet?

Im game, not available wednesday, Friday or Saturday, Ill be flying on Monday August 1st, that'd be perfect for me if you are still in town on that day

I think I'm available Tues-Thurs evenings this week. Hey, wait a minute...are you following me? :) SoCal last weekend, Denver now .... :D

I was actually in Denver on Friday. I completely forgot that you, Greg, and a few others were there. Did have dinner with Mari and Austin, though!

Next time through I'll need to see if anyone else wants to get together...

I'm out of town until Friday on a personal trip then I'm not sure. I haven't checked my work schedule for the weekend but I know I am "available", to work, that is.

Last edited:
I think I'm available Tues-Thurs evenings this week. Hey, wait a minute...are you following me? :) SoCal last weekend, Denver now .... :D

HA. Perhaps that means you should start hiring my plane :wink2:. In my defense, I LIVE in Denver, now...so I was only stalking you TO the coast, not back. :yesnod:

I was actually in Denver on Friday. I completely forgot that you, Greg, and a few others were there. Did have dinner with Mari and Austin, though!

Fortunately for you I wasn't here Friday, but next time...

I'm planning on arriving Friday and departing Monday.

Well, I'll leave it up to the other guys who have tighter schedules to hash out the details (and the people who know where things other than my apartment and King Soopers are), but perhaps we can work something out. When do you expect to arrive on Friday, and where are you staying?

I'm out of town until Friday on a personal trip then I'm not sure. I haven't checked my work schedule for the weekend but I know I am "available", to work, that is.

Well hopefully it works out, else I'll have to keep hunting for your plane down at the south airport.

No harm, no foul. I was actually in SoCal Friday-Sunday.

I'm planning on arriving Friday and departing Monday.
And I'll be camping on Kenosha pass this weekend.

HA. Perhaps that means you should start hiring my plane :wink2:. In my defense, I LIVE in Denver, now...so I was only stalking you TO the coast, not back.
Would have been a better flight, for sure! Especially starting with "your flight is delayed while we attempt to locate our missing flight attendant".

I don't know what time I'll arrive Friday. I'm going to leave Tucson as early as possible to avoid storms. I'm staying two nights in Louisville because I'm busy in Boulder Saturday and Sunday during the day. I plan on staying Sunday night in a hotel near the airport. I haven't picked an airport yet, but I'm leaning towards Centennial.

I don't know what time I'll arrive Friday. I'm going to leave Tucson as early as possible to avoid storms. I'm staying two nights in Louisville because I'm busy in Boulder Saturday and Sunday during the day. I plan on staying Sunday night in a hotel near the airport. I haven't picked an airport yet, but I'm leaning towards Centennial.

If you're going to be in the Boulder/Louisville area why not fly in to BJC, EIK or BDU all of which will have cheaper tie downs and fuel and are actually close to Boulder. I personally like EIK, its where I got my PP 14 years ago.

I'm in town from now until 1 Aug. Is there anything going on around the Denver area this week(end)? Anyone up for a lunch/dinner meet-and-greet?

So are we going to fly somewhere? I haven't flown since the beginning of the month. I'd be up for a neat trip somewhere. Given the number of planes we've got, we can probably find a seat for everyone.

I could do Saturday or Sunday and bring the whole fam.

I'm sitting in Camp Sholler at OSH, and the airplane broke down Saturday in KLNK. It's there getting fixed. :)

If you're going to be in the Boulder/Louisville area why not fly in to BJC, EIK or BDU all of which will have cheaper tie downs and fuel and are actually close to Boulder. I personally like EIK, its where I got my PP 14 years ago.

I'm considering them, but on Sunday night I might want to be around central Denver. I'm dropping off people at DEN on Sunday so instead of driving back west I could just drive south.

Nothing at BJC is cheap. Another option is GXY Greeley.

I'm around for another day or two then most likely in WWW (wunnerful windy Wyoming) for awhile. Probably several weeks....

I'm sure the feller going to Boulder/Louisville can read a map. If he wants to drive that's his concern. Travel time to BJC & APA is about the same from downtown. Flying east from BJC is a bit of a pain since the Bravo is in the way. LMO is probably the cheapest fuel around.

Edit: The start of my time in WWW may be delayed by vendor delays. I may be around the rest of the week. Consider yourselves fairly warned...

If I'm still around on Saturday maybe I should offer to burn burgers at the hangar?

Last edited:
Ok, I've made a poll. That'll be easier. I figure probably something in the evenings if we end up with Thur or Fri, or anytime during the day on the weekends.

I could do Saturday, but it would be a fly-in for me, unless all you folks come up here...

Edit - looked at the calander a little closer, I am not available on Saturday, but could do Sunday.

Last edited:
It's looking like Saturday might be the winner. I'm up for whatever, but if it's something outside of the metro I may have to beg a ride of someone for myself (and my wife, if I can convince her to get in a plane).

So...what's the plan, then? Saturday, say mid-afternoon/early-evening? Where do folks want to meet?

So...what's the plan, then? Saturday, say mid-afternoon/early-evening? Where do folks want to meet?

Early evening at Perfect Landing? Haven't been there in awhile but it's just a suggestion...many other options.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm off to OSH on Thurs, returning Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy!

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm off to OSH on Thurs, returning Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy!
What happened to, "I'm here all week"? :)

Early evening at Perfect Landing? Haven't been there in awhile but it's just a suggestion...many other options.
That, or other options, would be OK with me, so far.

I could do Perfect Landing or something else local on Saturday evening.
I think we're going to fly out for brunch on Saturday morning (haven't figured out where yet).

Is Perfect Landing the one at BJC or APA? Either way, I'm game. How's 5 for everyone? Good/earlier/later?

Is Perfect Landing the one at BJC or APA? Either way, I'm game. How's 5 for everyone? Good/earlier/later?
Perfect Landing is at APA, upstairs from Denver Jet Center. 5 is fine for me.

I'm thinking Fratello's tonight.

*eeeevil laugh!!

I'm playing ultimate in Boulder until 5:30 pm on Saturday so I'll have to miss dinner with everyone, but after I shower at the hotel I might be up for something.

Well, I thought that we wouldn't get a trip tomorrow but I was wrong, again. We are not scheduled to land at KAPA until 1811. That's assuming that everything goes according to plan which Teller knows it doesn't. :rofl:

So how does 19:00 work for folks?

OK, I'll attempt to be on time. At least Clark knows what the airplane looks like and will be able to see if it made it back onto the ramp...

OK, I'll attempt to be on time. At least Clark knows what the airplane looks like and will be able to see if it made it back onto the ramp...

Yup, it's a white twin Cessna...

I'm playing ultimate in Boulder until 5:30 pm on Saturday so I'll have to miss dinner with everyone, but after I shower at the hotel I might be up for something.

With a 1900 meeting time, now, you think you can make it down?

It occurs to me that I don't actually know what any of you look like. How should we go about finding eachother?

It occurs to me that I don't actually know what any of you look like. How should we go about finding eachother?

Mari will be driving a white twin Cessna so she will be easily identified...

I'd just let the greeter/Maitre 'de know that we're a group with POA as an identifier.

Back