Colorado flyers - Cabela's tomorrow?

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
Thinking about heading to Sydney tomorrow, anyone in the area want to meet for lunch?

Thinking about heading to Sydney tomorrow, anyone in the area want to meet for lunch?
I would need to be on a really long leash to go to Sydney. I can't even go to Sidney...

Engine down with rusted cylinders. Just got report back from ECi. Next week, some people are going to be as unhappy as I am right now.

Besides, got Young Eagles tomorrow.

I guess Cabela's in Lacey, WA isn't close enough? :D My son and I are going there tomorrow morning to pay our taxes.

Until last July I had no idea that Sidney, Nebraska, even existed.

My wife and I were on our way home from Kansas City in our 172, hoping to make Scottsbluff or Laramie for the night. The Stratus box showed gathering afternoon thunderstorms in our way, though, so I started looking at the chart for a 'Plan B'. This little airport a bit south of our route looked reasonable, so I told my wife, "We're going to Sidney ... wherever that is."

Ten miles out I called Unicom for advisories. The voice came back, "You going to Cabelas?" Er, no, we just needed a hotel for the night and transportation, thanks.

As it turned out we had a great time in Sidney. Transportation was hard to come by, but the nice young fella at the FBO said, "If you can wait about 45 minutes for me to finish putting brakes on the boss' car, you can take that one." The Cabelas complex next to I-80 is beautiful, with pleasant walking trails around the campus. 6,700 people live in Sidney, of which about 2,200 work at Cabelas.

We also had a nice time driving through "downtown" Sidney, a couple of miles to the north.

IMG_3278.JPG

Last edited:
I would need to be on a really long leash to go to Sydney. I can't even go to Sidney...

It's not that you'd need a long leash, it's just that you'd have to travel really fast...

I could use some practice approaches if you're up for that?

Engine down with rusted cylinders. Just got report back from ECi. Next week, some people are going to be as unhappy as I am right now.

Besides, got Young Eagles tomorrow.

From the evaluation

"Indication where the top compression ring rusted to the bore then broke loose......The seat/valve interface is dirty preventing it from sealing properly."

On brand new cylinders, 50 hours total. Already down for 6 weeks, looks like another month. Some people are going to be very unhappy next week.

We got stuck in Sidney, NE in July while heading to the Cessna 170 Assn. convention in Longmont, CO. There were 7 170's and 13 people. Cabela's came out to the airport, picked us up and took us to their store. Later they took us to a restaurant for lunch. We then called them and they took us back to the airport. By then the weather was clearing and we were on our way. Just really nice of them to do this. I know they made a few bucks off us, but still, they were great. I do patronize the big Cabela's in Dundee, MI, and will probably do so more often after this. Oh, the convention was great too!

Ed Nelson is a nice guy. I'd love to head up there, but tonight I have the joy of a 01:00 maintenance window.

Tomorrow afternoon I head up to Blackhawk for the kick-off of the week of Karen's Internationals competition.

Denver is about to be overrun by Sweet Adelines.

http://www.sweetadelineintl.org/index.cfm?id=42

See y'all at the Finals!

Go Skyline!

Back