College Football Playoffs

That's what they were saying about the mighty Crimson Tide. Never underestimate Ohioans. We do things like invent airplanes and win football games.

The Big 10 has been embarrassing itself in bowl games for a long time, but this year is way different. I'm looking for the National Championship going to Ohio State this year.

That being said, Oregon is scary good this year.

The Big 10 has been embarrassing itself in bowl games for a long time, but this year is way different. I'm looking for the National Championship going to Ohio State this year. That being said, Oregon is scary good this year.

The Bucks are 8-0 all time vs the Ducks and our Rose Bowl win in 2009 was against Oregon who coincidentally was highly regarded as possessing an incredibly fast offense.

That said, I watched Oregon's pace of play last night (on DVR) and it was impressive. I'm not sure their players are any faster, just how quickly they get the plays in, and off.

Last edited:
Like taking down that mighty Crimson Tide with your 3rd string QB?

Amen! Go Buckeyes!

No doubt osu was the better team.....last night and I do hate the bammers, but let's not get carried away. Bammer beats osu 8 out of 10. Last night just happened to be in the 20%. No doubt a down year for the SEC, but again, don't get carried away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6'5" 250# vs 6'4" 211# quarterbacks.
Jaysus, these boys are big uns. It looked like Jones literally carried the team on his back in a couple short yardage ituations last night. Should be a good game, but Oregon looked like it has the edge.

I was hoping Alabama would win. Now that they've lost, I'm pulling for Oregon in the National Championship. I wonder if the Bucs will take Mariota or Winston?

I was hoping Alabama would win. Now that they've lost, I'm pulling for Oregon in the National Championship. I wonder if the Bucs will take Mariota or Winston?

If the listen to their legal team I'd say Mariota!

If the listen to their legal team I'd say Mariota!
True. I think Mariota is the better QB regardless of the off field issues. I also think that off field issues will impact Winston as well. Teams are less likely to want to deal with that kind of stuff anymore. See Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice for examples.

No doubt osu was the better team.....last night and I do hate the bammers, but let's not get carried away. Bammer beats osu 8 out of 10. Last night just happened to be in the 20%. No doubt a down year for the SEC, but again, don't get carried away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to get carried away. Fact...3rd string QB.

Not sure where you're coming from with the 8/10 stuff. I can't even remember the last time they played each other. Early '90's? And before that...I have no idea.

Nothing to get carried away. Fact...3rd string QB.

Not sure where you're coming from with the 8/10 stuff. I can't even remember the last time they played each other. Early '90's? And before that...I have no idea.

What I mean is, if they tee'd it up ten games in a row, bammer would win eight of them. Anyone who knows much about football and isn't being a homer would agree with that. Again, I hate bammer, but don't get carried away with the SEC hate and saying they are overrated. I would bet my house that bammer would beat the luckeyes if they played again tomorrow. But, enjoy the win cause Oregon is gonna beat the brakes off osu.

What I mean is, if they tee'd it up ten games in a row, bammer would win eight of them. Anyone who knows much about football and isn't being a homer would agree with that.

I'll agree to disagree on that one. No denying Alabama is a good team, but regardless of who the team is, I don't get involved in the hypothetical "If they played..." discussions regardless of who we're talking about. It's got no basis, and it doesn't go anywhere. If two teams end up playing each other, they do. May the best team win. About the deepest I'd get into one of those is "I'd like to see this vs. that", and I've been waiting to see Ohio State up against Alabama since Urban Meyer came in.

As far as the Oregon game goes, may the best team win! I think it's a great matchup, and it's going to be a great game.

Not to swing way off topic here, but who watches UFC?

I've never seen a match myself, but I'm watching Fox Sports 1 waiting for Supercross to come on, and they're wrapping up this UFC program.

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier get in some actual brawl after a match, and then on live TV they're talking trash to each other. It was actually pretty entertaining to watch.

Just curioiuis..is this what UFC is always like, or is this some skewed event? Is this staged up like WWF, or is it real?

It has been a great game. Lots of action, certainly not boring! Buckeyes had my blood pressure up with a few stupid overturns. Go Buckeyes!

Glad to see Oregon get that last touchdown. Now they just need to capitalize on the momentum and keep it up!

Great game? I think neither team wants to win. So far pretty ugly except a few long tosses. Ohio just fumbled - again.

Great game? I think neither team wants to win. So far pretty ugly except a few long tosses. Ohio just fumbled - again.
Oregon really needs to make more out of those turnovers. They haven't done much with them tonight.

Certainly let go of the ball a few times, but Oregon isn't without their mistakes either. I do think it's a great game. Lots of back and forth, nobody is running away with it. Good match up.

And for DECADES everyone said that you couldn't have a playoff in Division I football.

I think that myth can now be put to bed.

Well done, Ohio State! The Big 10 looked good this year.

And for DECADES everyone said that you couldn't have a playoff in Division I football.

I think that myth can now be put to bed.

Well done, Ohio State! The Big 10 looked good this year.

I think this game will up the pressure for a much larger playoff. The FCS does it right, with the top 24 teams (Go Bison!!) competing. The previous "Vote for who's Best" lunacy has to die.

Hopefully this also shut up the TCU and Baylor whiners once and for all!

I think this game will up the pressure for a much larger playoff. The FCS does it right, with the top 24 teams (Go Bison!!) competing. The previous "Vote for who's Best" lunacy has to die.

Hopefully this also shut up the TCU and Baylor whiners once and for all!

I also love the new system, I think it worked perfectly. Even if the outcome would have been different, I think across the board it worked out very well, just the way it was supposed to.

I don't think it will ever quiet the rumblings. There are those who will continue to whine regardless of what goes on. Even if their team didn't play well, lost a game, bad call, they will go on and on with "If this..." and "If that", and cannot accept it.

It's a game. Stuff happens. Nobody always wins, all the time. It can be unpredictable. That's why it's so fun!

I also love the new system, I think it worked perfectly. Even if the outcome would have been different, I think across the board it worked out very well, just the way it was supposed to.

I don't think it will ever quiet the rumblings. There are those who will continue to whine regardless of what goes on. Even if their team didn't play well, lost a game, bad call, they will go on and on with "If this..." and "If that", and cannot accept it.

It's a game. Stuff happens. Nobody always wins, all the time. It can be unpredictable. That's why it's so fun!

And in any playoff system, all the best teams except one end their season on a loss.

John

Oh, was it playoff time? I guess I missed it.

Seriously, I've quit watching sports when ESPN quit selling it to me...about the time I dropped cable. A little bit of local morning news and I'm happy and much more productive...except for this place... ;0

The FCS does it right, with the top 24 teams (Go Bison!!) competing.

I'd settle for an 8 team playoff, only 4 teams still leaves too much in the hands of the talking heads.

Seriously, I've quit watching sports when ESPN quit selling it to me...about the time I dropped cable. A little bit of local morning news and I'm happy and much more productive...except for this place... ;0

Totally agree. I dumped satellite about 10 years ago. Every bowl game except maybe one was on ESPN; didn't see a single one. I expect the NFL to go the same way with time.

I'd settle for an 8 team playoff, only 4 teams still leaves too much in the hands of the talking heads.

That will be the next baby step. But eventually they will be forced to expand it further, like when the #8 team ends up #1. (As this year's #4 team ended up #1)

Ultimately it has to incorporate the majority of the Top 25 which is what everyone has looked at for ages.

I have seriously considered this, but it just wasn't worth it.

We do not watch a lot of television in our house, and most of what we do watch is public access and could be viewed via antenna. I think that every college football game I wanted to see was on public access this year except for the playoffs and championship. But...

The few things I really do want to watch live (College Football playoffs/championship, Supercross, MotoGP) make it worth the small price I do pay for cable. When taking that out of my plan and leaving just the internet, it wasn't worth it in the end.

I can't say that ESPN or any other channel effectively sells me anything aside from what I already know I am going to watch. Maybe even just the opposite. I know what I want to watch, and if that's not going on, I have a very hard time sitting in front of the television. Pitch it all you want, if it's not my team, you're not going to get my attention. The advertisers, well, the more you advertise and the more it annoys me, the less likely I am to buy your product.

Luna: you will never get my business!

That will be the next baby step. But eventually they will be forced to expand it further, like when the #8 team ends up #1. (As this year's #4 team ended up #1)

Ultimately it has to incorporate the majority of the Top 25 which is what everyone has looked at for ages.

Basketball has it right with March madness, but BB games are far easier on the body compared to football. Even the play-in team can be national champs, just have to win out!

Basketball has it right with March madness, but BB games are far easier on the body compared to football. Even the play-in team can be national champs, just have to win out!

They'd just need to shorten the season to 10 games and allow for a few playoff games instead.

Just do what I've been saying for YEARS. Only conference champions go to the playoffs. Since there are more than 8, take the top 8 ranked conference champions. A 7-5, Western Kentucky can't really complain about being left out in favor of a 10-2 Boise State, or a 9-3 Central Michigan.

And if the playoff requirements are conference champions only, then we don't have to worry about teams scheduling St Mary's School for the Blind, because the non-con games won't matter. Then we can get early season games of Alabama vs Oregon, or Florida vs USC. Oh wait, Alabama and Florida will never play true away games that are non-con....

Well, one can dream.

Back