Cockpit Video of 737 Crash Air Niugini 9/28/18

Tantalum

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
San_Diego_Pilot
All I can is... wow. These pilots *SUCK* No regard for minimums, sink rate, or glide slope alarms. Zero situational awareness. You can't make this stuff up

PS - as usual the media tried to get some spin on it "reignited debate of cockpit cameras" - just ignore that... the video is VERY damning

PPS - the pilot had 20,000 hours. Lots of hours does NOT equal good / safe pilot

We juuust finished a thread at PoA where a number of members challenged the above proposition
Yeah, I had to stop following that one haha.. plus I'm not a 100 hr wonder or a 20,000 hr ultimate sky master.. just a dude who flies 120 hrs a year.. so didn't have much value add to it

I do stand by my initial convictions that there are some very low time pilots (<250 hrs) I feel far more comfortable flying with because they're fastidious and focused and there are people with 6000 hours that I avoid flying with because they simply strike me as careless, supplanting their experience for actual care.. guess what, that water at the bottom of the fuel tank doesn't care how many hours you have, just because you have 6,000 doesn't give you the right not to sump the tank

The "look how many hours I have" "how much can you bench bro" thing is exhausting

All I can is... wow. These pilots *SUCK* No regard for minimums, sink rate, or glide slope alarms. Zero situational awareness. You can't make this stuff up

PS - as usual the media tried to get some spin on it "reignited debate of cockpit cameras" - just ignore that... the video is VERY damning

PPS - the pilot had 20,000 hours. Lots of hours does NOT equal good / safe pilot
The weather looked socked in. Don’t they usually have the thing on auto land for such low minimums??

A passenger was killed and six seriously injured when the Boeing 737 crashed into the water 460 metres short of the runway at Chuuk International Airport. ... Air Niugini said it would continue investigating the crash, agreeing that it was a case of "human factors" and not pilot error that contributed to the crash.
upload_2019-7-19_20-7-1.png
https://www.abc.net.au › news › air-...

"Human factors" and not pilot error? What's the difference?

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-19_20-5-49.png
    upload_2019-7-19_20-5-49.png
    270 bytes · Views: 10
"Human factors" and not pilot error? What's the difference?
"Human Factors" means they blame the aircraft, and how the manufacturer chose to present information to the pilots. In other words, an excuse to exonerate the airline, its pilots, and its training programs. Stick it to the evil Western manufacturer.

For instance, Boeing would be a *real* easy target, right now....

Ron Wanttaja

The weather looked socked in. Don’t they usually have the thing on auto land for such low minimums??
Autoland only works in conjunction with an ILS approach that is certified for CAT II/III landings. Chuuk has neither.

Back