Coast to coast for free benefit

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
Although it didn't happen this time, this idea ended up with a nice side benefit for me. Because I was flying up to KCDW on Sunday anyway, I contacted our would-be baton Rob! and asked if he wanted to meet up.
Well we did and had a great visit.
Rob met me at Essex Cty airport shortly after I arrived by taking public transportation and then walking from the grass strip where he'd been flying a Cub. A manhattenite, he has no car. Amazing.
We had dinner together and discussed all things aviation. It was great, and Rob would have been a good flying partner had the cross country deal come about.
Just thought I'd let everybody know.

cool lance! grass strip and cub would be nice. i cant imagine not having a car, but i guess the only time i ever use public transportation is when i ride the university bus to go to class.

Aww, thanks Lance, I just noticed this post.
Lance is an absolute blast to hang out with. We had a great dinner, and Lance has some pretty incredible stories, (which he is too modest to post here) such as successfully surviving an engine out landing in a plane which isn't meant to be a glider. I'm sure that he's a good deal better at telling it than I am so I'll leave that to him.

Lance, I'm looking forward to your next trip up to NYC.

infotango said:
Lance has some pretty incredible stories, (which he is too modest to post here) such as successfully surviving an engine out landing in a plane which isn't meant to be a glider. I'm sure that he's a good deal better at telling it than I am so I'll leave that to him.

He told the story on Pilotcast #12 and had an update on Pilotcast #36 (the Gaston's episode). :yes:

[/shameless plug]

Back