CNN Freaking out about a gear door on AA Mad Dog

I just turned on the TV in my hotel room on the outskirts of Paris and BBC World News was getting all excited about it, too. Good grief. :p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Scream2.JPG
    Scream2.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 105
Arg, I really do hate the media.

That flight track is something else....

-Felix

BBC World News just reported that they landed safely. Video showed a normal landing. We can all return to our normal lives. Move along, nothing to see here.

And I thought I spent an absurd amount of time on the computer! :goofy:

I wanted nothing more than to reach through the TV and smack those anchors about the head. Miles O'Brien and two (former) airline captains on the phone and they keep ****ing talking over them to ask questions like "is it hard to land like that, relying solely on the back wheels and keeping the front nose wheel off the ground?"
icon_crazy.gif

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL862/history/20080222/1906Z/KPBI/KORD

Live now while they're "circling Miami Intl. Airport, burning fuel for the emergency landing." Sounds like the nose gear doors didn't close after take off...roll the news choppers!!

I had Fox on, and they didn't do too bad a job. They actually were able to find a pilot for another airline and a retired NTSB investigator. Both of those guys straightened out the Fox people when they started to talk stooopid. They even talked about CRM and emergency procedures...

I also liked that everybody admitted that they didn't know what the problem with the nose gear was.

Looks like the CA took it easy on the nose gear on landing. Did a little areo braking, must be a former fighter guy! Not too shabby for a non-event that was blow entirely out of proportion.

Looks like the CA took it easy on the nose gear on landing. Did a little areo braking, must be a former fighter guy! Not too shabby for a non-event that was blow entirely out of proportion.

Yea, but if the news media couldn't take non-events and blow them entirely ouf of proportion, then what would they do?

Yea, but if the news media couldn't take non-events and blow them entirely out of proportion, then what would they do?
Honest, objective reporting?

Sorry, I'll take my pill and head back to fantasy land. :)

"circling Miami Intl. Airport, burning fuel for the emergency landing."

At least they weren't "over the ocean dumping fuel"...i remember we had an issue with a jetstream 32 or 41 (it's been a while), but the media had called to ask where the aircraft was dumping fuel before returning back to IAD.

Mike, your imagination scares me!

But, Matt is right up there keeping ya company. :D

Back