Clutching Deafeat From The Jaws Of Victory

Yeah, that was a pretty epic collapse!

They certainly “Coug’d it”. Several are calling it the greatest collapse of all time!

it was a great game. Like any of you has tossed 9 touchdown passes in a game and lost!

it was a great game. Like any of you has tossed 9 touchdown passes in a game and lost!

I have! Of course it was indoor league. Myself and another QB were basically exchanging season/league/game records week to week. He'd set a record, then I'd beat it, then he'd beat it the next week. Eventually we met up, and I ended up on the losing end. We both had double digit TDs that game (neither of our teams played defense) and I came out on the short end of the stick. Fun league, even though we didn't win it.

We were there and watched that disaster. How you score 9 touchdowns and lose is beyond me. Well, lousy defense, lousy special teams tackling and the worst officiating I've ever seen (and this was a Pac-12 crew, so you know they were BAD). Oh, and 5 turnovers didn't help. And that 9 touchdown passes? A school and Pac-12 record, beating the record 8 thrown last year by Gardner Minshew II against Arizona. You know Minshew, the starting QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars this year?

Back