Close encounter Cessna 182 with drone (video)

motoadve

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
motoadve
Saw a guy on final standing just before the numbers, he moved very slowly to the right, I moved a bit to the left , this is odd and stupid I thought, yes he was stupid, flying a drone at an airport and on final approach trajectory. :shock:

You can see it in the video on the left side, when in slow motion
Be careful out there, this drone thing will only get worse.

That's unbelievable. Flying a drone over a runway is bad enough, but to do it while an airplane is coming in on final? I hope he went over and said something to those guys.

They were gone by the time I landed and looked for them.

cool video! gorgeous airstrip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've watched it 4 times and cant see anything...not sure what that says about me!

00:47 above the HUD is where you can see it and goes to the left of the screen.

Does it once, they’ll do it twice. Be on the lookout my friend. Hope you catch him on the ground and say a few choice words. Safe flying!

VEEEEER Y difficult to spot. as mentioned above, :47, look for this tiny little greyish dot that essentially moves left along the treeline:

upload_2017-10-10_21-27-39.png

It was tragic. . it never occurred to me that someone would be standing on the approach end of a runway; I was looking down the runway, for Bambi and airplanes. I was horified when I heard and felt the impact on the landing gear leg.

All that bone, blood, and brains everywhere - gonna take a lot of Ka-Boom and paper towels.

Annnnnnd its things like this that make me say that I hate people. I really don't understand why some people make the decisions they do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The drone operator deserves to have his butt kicked hard, no doubt.

However, I see another issue as well. If I had someone sitting right seat flying into a strip in that environment, I´d want his eyeballs helping me look for wildlife, idiots, or other possible obstructions; not taking videos or pics with his phone. You already have a camera taking video. Passengers are great resources. Use them!

What airport? Apologies if it is on he video or somewhere easy to find, I won't like or follow you on YouTube, don't have time for that nonsense.

The drone operator deserves to have his butt kicked hard, no doubt.

However, I see another issue as well. If I had someone sitting right seat flying into a strip in that environment, I´d want his eyeballs helping me look for wildlife, idiots, or other possible obstructions; not taking videos or pics with his phone. You already have a camera taking video. Passengers are great resources. Use them!

This was a flight for my friend's 50th birthday, his first time on a small plane.
Airport is ranger Creek WA

Back