Close call! [warning - cole slaw thread]

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Okay it's like this. It was a crisp, dark, autumn morning as I arrived at the deserted rear door of the office. Chipmunks scurried about. Actually I don't think they have chipmunks here. Okay so they were squirrels. But this isn't about squirrels.

Sac: Morning!

Dirk: Do you know, do you know, what time it is?

Sac: (looking at the open ice chest full of beer) OMFG it's....BBQ time!

Dirk: (Eyeing my empty hands) I see you signed up to bring... cole slaw....

Sac: OMFG you're right! sheeott, Raley's isn't open yet...

Dirk: Safeway is....

Fast forward. It's still dark but I'll be damned if Dirk wasn't darned dead on. I proceeded through myriads of rows of canned and boxed items, frozen products like Tortino's pizzas and cheese ball things, disposable adult undergarments, health care items, a Starbucks and finally to the deli counter. It was unlit, however, there was a plethora of salad items on display. They were all perfect. Pristine. Virgin. Untouched. Unviolated. Unconsumated. Undehymenated. All different kinds with exotic sounding names and even more exotic unit prices. Like Italian Basil Pesto Caligula Arigola Caprese Salad. And Chinese Hunan Mongolia Bistro Fusion California Noodle Salad. And some quartered tomatoes with parmesan sprinkled on top for nearly five bucks a pound. I'm all about WTF.

Then there she was. Her hair was autumn brown, she had greenish eyes. She was captivating. Her presence was... commanding. "Hi, may I help you?"

"Um yeah, you have, cole slaw, right?"

"I do not have cole slaw."

"No cole slaw. Really."

"I didn't have enough to put it out on display. But... I do have some packaged up in the back. A couple small cartons. Would you like to see them?"

"Yes!"

"Here they are!" She had a radiant smile. Her breasts giggled with anxiety as her massive hips brushed past the dooway. Literally. On both sides.

"F*** yeah, I'll take them!"

At that moment there was a non verbal communication. It was like "Take them? What are you looking at, you can't have those" and was all about "really, I don't want them, the hips either, I'll stick with the cole slaw thank you."

Okay. Now did I just violate a protocol? If she became offended of my non verbal renouncement, and she put the cole slaw back in the rear fridge, it would really put me out. I feigned puppy dog eyes and angled my torso as if to suggest the hint of a slight erection, and saw that all was good when she placed them on the scales and slapped the labels on them.

Okay, now, the quantity. Yes I realize that two little tubs won't feed 20 people. It doesn't matter. Every time I get two tubs. I'm the only one that eats this stuff plus there will be massive tri tip and bratwurst, and other salads and munchies and stuff and even cupcakes and pies and probably some blow and eight ball. (or not.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2685.JPG
    IMG_2685.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 287
sorry, you lost me at "her breasts giggled..."

actually, at "her breasts..."

How come Jack doesn't have to bring anything?
Good for nothing jerk.

How come Jack doesn't have to bring anything?
Good for nothing jerk.

It may look good on TV but I would be personally alarmed by a food course brought in by someone that has an oversized ping pong ball for a head.

I'm curious to know if the guy bringing the bean dip decided to go with 7 layers or 8.

You could put the 7 (8?) layer dip, and the cole slaw in a blender, and make a smoothy. I hear that's a great ice breaker with the Safeway store employee types.

That all sounds great except for the bean part.

I think they have pills for the "slight erection" issue.

I've never heard a breast giggle but it has to better than a cackling breast.

Well here we go....

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2691.JPG
    IMG_2691.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 221
You were worried about not fulfilling your cole slaw duties because you only brought two small tubs...

...when the person assigned to bring beer brought Michelob Ultra??????

I think you're good. :)

BTW, I like that beer, tri tip and brats were hard-coded on the list.

You were worried about not fulfilling your cole slaw duties because you only brought two small tubs...

...when the person assigned to bring beer brought Michelob Ultra??????

I think you're good. :)

BTW, I like that beer, tri tip and brats were hard-coded on the list.

Actually the person assigned to get the beer got the Ultra strictly for me. Nobody else would touch that crap. The rest was all German beer. Various Pauliner, Spaten and Erdinger brews, and a mini keg of some famous Hofbrau beer.

And true to form, the Cole slaw was untouched by others. The salad too, except for myself and the guy who made it.

As a follow up, sure enough, the second tub of cole slaw is still in the fridge.

Might just have it for breakfast.

As a follow up, sure enough, the second tub of cole slaw is still in the fridge.

Might just have it for breakfast.

You could turn it into a lab experiment. See what it turns into over time or human experiment - see what happens to the tub.

David

You could turn it into a lab experiment. See what it turns into over time or human experiment - see what happens to the tub.

David

It's gone.

But...

I only access the breakroom fridge out of dire emergency, as in to temporarily store something than needs to be kept cold, e.g. cole slaw during a quarterly BBQ event. There is GNARLY stuff in there. There is a tub of something that I believe was some sort of meat mixed with Ricotta cheese, except the volume of Ricotta cheese has doubled since yesterday. Like, ewwww.

Those weeds at the 12 o'clock position on the plate....

Is that supposed to be a "salad"??? :mad:

That was a spinach salad, it was actually quite good. Remember this is a BBQ (okay grill) event, so "salad" is in effect, not "SALAD."

I ended up having the equivalent of another three plates of tri tip and bratwurst as depicted. I was in beast mode.

I think spinach makes great salad greens! (I do like romaine the best though.) Iceberg does work best for wrapping burgers in.

By the way, here is the pinata. Apparently someone decided to go political.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2690.jpg
    IMG_2690.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 92
Okay it's like this. It was a crisp, dark, autumn morning as I arrived at the deserted rear door of the office. Chipmunks scurried about. Actually I don't think they have chipmunks here. Okay so they were squirrels. But this isn't about squirrels.

Sac: Morning!

Dirk: Do you know, do you know, what time it is?

Sac: (looking at the open ice chest full of beer) OMFG it's....BBQ time!

Dirk: (Eyeing my empty hands) I see you signed up to bring... cole slaw....

Sac: OMFG you're right! sheeott, Raley's isn't open yet...

Dirk: Safeway is....

Fast forward. It's still dark but I'll be damned if Dirk wasn't darned dead on. I proceeded through myriads of rows of canned and boxed items, frozen products like Tortino's pizzas and cheese ball things, disposable adult undergarments, health care items, a Starbucks and finally to the deli counter. It was unlit, however, there was a plethora of salad items on display. They were all perfect. Pristine. Virgin. Untouched. Unviolated. Unconsumated. Undehymenated. All different kinds with exotic sounding names and even more exotic unit prices. Like Italian Basil Pesto Caligula Arigola Caprese Salad. And Chinese Hunan Mongolia Bistro Fusion California Noodle Salad. And some quartered tomatoes with parmesan sprinkled on top for nearly five bucks a pound. I'm all about WTF.

Then there she was. Her hair was autumn brown, she had greenish eyes. She was captivating. Her presence was... commanding. "Hi, may I help you?"

"Um yeah, you have, cole slaw, right?"

"I do not have cole slaw."

"No cole slaw. Really."

"I didn't have enough to put it out on display. But... I do have some packaged up in the back. A couple small cartons. Would you like to see them?"

"Yes!"

"Here they are!" She had a radiant smile. Her breasts giggled with anxiety as her massive hips brushed past the dooway. Literally. On both sides.

"F*** yeah, I'll take them!"

At that moment there was a non verbal communication. It was like "Take them? What are you looking at, you can't have those" and was all about "really, I don't want them, the hips either, I'll stick with the cole slaw thank you."

Okay. Now did I just violate a protocol? If she became offended of my non verbal renouncement, and she put the cole slaw back in the rear fridge, it would really put me out. I feigned puppy dog eyes and angled my torso as if to suggest the hint of a slight erection, and saw that all was good when she placed them on the scales and slapped the labels on them.

Okay, now, the quantity. Yes I realize that two little tubs won't feed 20 people. It doesn't matter. Every time I get two tubs. I'm the only one that eats this stuff plus there will be massive tri tip and bratwurst, and other salads and munchies and stuff and even cupcakes and pies and probably some blow and eight ball. (or not.)

attachment.php
No excuse for not putting the Coleslaw on the shelf

index.jpg

Well I'll match your cole slaw and raise you some...

50570587_2072267939531992_2481618900899332096_n.jpg
Chicken.

50309926_2072267962865323_365092651319427072_n.jpg

Careful we gotta cook it. I know, right?

50639459_2072268002865319_1703941323075092480_n.jpg

It's beconing me. No. Beakening me.

I do not think it is possible to be that hungry, err, desperate.

I can think of a few times, way back in the day, at the club, when desperation ruled. Especially as 2:00 a.m. rolled around.

Back