Clock requirement

Well, I'll learn more about all this soon enough. Starting at an A&P school in August. Gonna get that A&P license! Wooo... (And yes, for just the experience of learning something new, and potentially having a new "tool". I might actually use it one day)

Thats what I'm here for. To learn, help others learn, and have some friendly discussions.

:)

You can have non TSO'd equipment in part 91 certified aircraft.

Absolutely correct although a few items like the ELT, transponder or IFR GPS need to meet the applicable TSOs. Manufacturer's sometimes stipulate "Experimental Use Only--not for use in a certified aircraft" as a means to limit liability but in reality, the regulations would allow installation in a certified aircraft operating under Part 91.

Absolutely correct although a few items like the ELT, transponder or IFR GPS need to meet the applicable TSOs. Manufacturer's sometimes stipulate "Experimental Use Only--not for use in a certified aircraft" as a means to limit liability but in reality, the regulations would allow installation in a certified aircraft operating under Part 91.

In fact, you can get approval to install non-tso'd equipment even when the equipment needs to meet the requirements of the TSO.

Almost no one would bother doing that, but it can be done. It would likely confuse the poor souls in the local certification office...

Back