Cleveland Area FBO Pireps

oregonboy109

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
oregonboy109
Hey everyone! Weather permitting I will be flying up to Cleveland next week and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Cleveland Jet Center at KCGF or Classic Jet Center at KLNN? Or any other FBOs/airports in the north east Cleveland area.

Thanks,

Sam

Medina is great but it's not northeast. I flew into numerous airports NE when I was working up there but never used an FBO. Sorry I can't help.

Oh...and Lorain sucks...but that's not NE either.

Every year I visit my sister and family in the Cleveland/Akron area. I tie down at 1G3 Kent State. The line guys are all aviation majors at Kent. They know what they are doing, and treat my plane with the utmost care and respect.

The approach into Lakefront Airport (BKL) is beautiful. The only FBO is Landmark and it was a pleasant experience.

Second for Burke. They have a shuttle that'll take you within 5 miles or so.

The last time I was at BKL half of the airport was shutdown for preps for the grand prix race to be held there the next week. We walked over and had lunch in the stadium (while there was a game on even, nobody actually went to the games apparently).

The last (and only) time I was at BKL the FBO was MillionAir. They charged me a $25 ramp fee and refused me the use of the courtesy car, not because it had been reserved, but just because - apparently my plane wasn't big enough or something. A group of businessmen who arrived a little later in a Citation drove away in it. I had to call a taxi, something like $15 for a 3-mile trip to a local theater.

Two weeks later the plane's owner received a $5 bill from the Port Authority.

This was about 11 years ago, however.

My issue with Million Air at BKL is that they overfueled us despite specific instructions to the contrary. But I doubt that since Landmark is the incumbent now that there is anybody still working there from that long ago. Landmark's strategy is to fire anybody with a brain or is making more than the minimum wage.

I flew out of BKL as an instructor and on a C560. Million Air is gone and is now Landmark. If you're looking to do things while you're here go with BKL. Just be sure you're good with crosswind landings.

Thanks everyone. Great info.

Welcome to POA CLEpilot.

Sam

(while there was a game on even, nobody actually went to the games apparently).

If you're talkin' baseball then no...no they don't. When I was working up there I'd ride the train from the airport to Downtown on game night, have dinner, walk to the ballpark, buy a ticket within 30 minutes of game time and typically be able get a seat 10 to 15 rows up right behind home plate.

Sad really, it's a beautiful stadium and a great place to watch baseball.

Back