Clearance Delivery Question

Indiana_Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flying "B"
I am flying up to South Bend International On Friday (KSBN) and I was reviewing the airport info and noticed that the Clearance Delivery was listed as "Chicago Clearance Delivery"

So my question, is Chicago handling Clearance Delivery for South Bend ? (Makes Sense) and when I call them up can I still call South Bend Clearance? Or will that confuse them ? I figure at least it will let them know I am at SBN right?

It just seems odd to me I guess it being a larger airport, that it's not listed as South Bend Clearance Delivery.. :dunno:

Is there ever a time that Clearance Delivery is not required at a Class C? How would I know ?

I am flying up to South Bend International On Friday (KSBN) and I was reviewing the airport info and noticed that the Clearance Delivery was listed as "Chicago Clearance Delivery"

So my question, is Chicago handling Clearance Delivery for South Bend ? (Makes Sense) and when I call them up can I still call South Bend Clearance? Or will that confuse them ? I figure at least it will let them know I am at SBN right?

It just seems odd to me I guess it being a larger airport, that it's not listed as South Bend Clearance Delivery.. :dunno:

Is there ever a time that Clearance Delivery is not required at a Class C? How would I know ?

Where did you see that? The A/FD and plates just say "CLNC DEL 121.9".

Grrr.. I was looking at Foreflight and then Airnav... you are right, when I look at the plate it just lists it as Clearance delivery.. :mad2:

This is why I shouldn't attempt to think before I have coffee in the morning!

Thanks,

I'd just call, "Clearance Delinery, 69SA" and see what they come back with and use that. There's only going to be one on that frequency.

So my question, is Chicago handling Clearance Delivery for South Bend?

South Bend Tower/Approach is not open 24 hours. When the tower/approach control are closed, Chicago handles approach control duties and clearance delivery

when I call them up can I still call South Bend Clearance? Or will that confuse them ? I figure at least it will let them know I am at SBN right?

Either one is fine.

When you call Clearance Delivery and they tell you to just contact ground.

Grrr.. I was looking at Foreflight and then Airnav... you are right, when I look at the plate it just lists it as Clearance delivery.. :mad2:

This is why I shouldn't attempt to think before I have coffee in the morning!

Thanks,

No, this is why you should not depend on secondary sources. The A/FD is available online...you don't even have to pay for the book!

Bob Gardner

You are very right about that....

Foreflight contains the updated A/FD though.. I was assuming the summary would have provided the same info.. but you know what they say about assumption!

Listen to the atis,then call clearance delivery,on the assigned Chanel.

Back