Clear, Green Tint or Smoke Windows

Warlock

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Warlock
Lookin at window replacement in the Arrow and anyone have thoughts on the benefit of Smoke or Green Tint...I have never flown anything other than Clear in GA and like the Green Tint look but don't know its value in practice...Thoughts?

Smoke might be an improvement for side windows, keep the heat down.

Green might work if you like it, but its unusual and may affect resale value.

I like smoked therefore that's what I got

That light smoke isn't that bad looking.

I'm more of a clear guy, do a little night and IMC flying, I'd rather wear sunglasses and be able to take them off than have tinted windows, maybe the rear side windows.

I like the smoke. Made a big difference for the glare complaints in the back seats on sunny days above a bright cloud deck for my family. Never noticed any problems at night versus clear. Put darker tint on back windows.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Green might work if you like it, but its unusual and may affect resale value.

A lot of aircraft came out of the factory with green tint windows, not sure how it's unusual.

I like the smoke , cuts down on the glare ,however not that great in a cloudy environment.

I have a clear windscreen and smoke for everything else. I wish it was darker in the back. My friends 152 has green and when you're in it I can't tell a bit of difference really. It certainly doesn't look unusual, but that's day VFR mostly.

Just ordered clear...its what it came with....and I guess what I am used to...all I know its better than crazed...

When we did our 172 we did a Smoked Windscreen and I have been very happy with it. This was a couple years ago but it seems like it was only 10% or so. I would definitely do it again. That said you can't go wrong putting clear in if that's what you ordered.

I put UV gray in my Cherokee. They're great but since you already ordered clear...I guess the point is moot.

Back