Cleaning Out Hangar

Carovhd1

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
V35 Pilot
The following items are up for sale make offer. Highest offer by 3-10-16 gets it.Narco ADF Loran.JPG
Collins sale pending
Narco 11 sale pending
Aerosonic sale pending
Asking 1000 per or best offer

Attachments

• Collins DME.JPG
    Collins DME.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 47
  • Collins Indicator.JPG
    Collins Indicator.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Aerosonic.JPG
    Aerosonic.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 47
  • Collins ADF.JPG
    Collins ADF.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Ahhh, come on guys, be nice.

I'll give you $5 for the truck.

per the rules page:
Participants who are selling items must comply with the following rules:
  • Posts offering items or services for sale must include an asking price.

per the rules page:
Participants who are selling items must comply with the following rules:
  • Posts offering items or services for sale must include an asking price.

You mean "best offer" "highest bid" doesn't count? ;)

You should drop them babies in a cellphone recycling bin at a mall

Hey! The plane I did my private check ride (and much of my training) had one of those Northstar LORAN units. I used it a good bit. On my check ride I started to set it up for the diversion airport (after I'd turned to the approximate heading). The DPE said "What're you doing?" I explained. He said "It just failed. But good job." For plane without GPS it was a nice tool. Until they took down the network.

John

Hey! The plane I did my private check ride (and much of my training) had one of those Northstar LORAN units. I used it a good bit. On my check ride I started to set it up for the diversion airport (after I'd turned to the approximate heading). The DPE said "What're you doing?" I explained. He said "It just failed. But good job." For plane without GPS it was a nice tool. Until they took down the network.

John
My piper still has the Northstar installed. Since the system was deactivated, I imagine it's worthless. On the other hand, if someone wants to pay me to pull it out, they can get themselves a usable (working when removed) loran. I guess I should placard it INOP. Hmmm.

It's not really INOP, though. It'll work if they ever stand up new ground stations :)

My NorthStar never failed, while GPS occasionally did.

I finally pulled mine out and installed a useful navigation unit instead, an IFR-certified GPS. So that I could train for my IR and take a checkride with it. :)
The old Loran is sitting on my shelf here at work. With Jay's mug on top. Great conversation starter. :D

Back