Cleaning 430 screen

Archer Jack

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jack
My Garmin 430 screen is getting really dull. What's the best thing to use for cleaning it. Thanks.

I just finished cleaning mine with a screen cleaning solution called “Whoosh”.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...051489:kwd-66781005425&ref=pd_sl_8nl72dnqu9_e

I got it primarily to clean my computer, iPad, iPhone, fish finder, and EFIS screens where it does a great job when used with a microfiber cleaning cloth. It was least effective on the G430’s small screen which just appears to be permanately degraded in some way. Not sure what is going on there but the rest of my panel is gleaming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Partially serious answer... if you send it out for the WAAS upgrade it will come back perfect.

We did two of them and were amazed both times how much better the screen worked.

But it's obviously more expensive than a cleaning solution.

Straight out of the manual is a caution to clean with a lint free cloth and an eyeglass cleaner that is compatible with antireflective coatings. Do NOT use ammonia based products, e.g.Windex.

Personally, I would use a little bit of dish detergent in water, or a foamy plain hand soap and a microfiber cloth, followed by a wipe down with plain water and a final dry with a microfiber cloth. Just like eyeglasses. You can't possibly hurt the screen with detergent and water. No paper towels or tissues as they will scratch.

you cant't ever go wrong with some rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth for electronics cleaning

My Garmin 430 screen is getting really dull. What's the best thing to use for cleaning it. Thanks.

Replace it with a 750, two G5s and a G500 autopilot.
I read on some pilot site posting on the internet Garmin is going to stop supporting the 430 in two years. Get out now, while you can still save yourself. ;)

Back