Classic Airline Pilot Comedy Sketch - Foster Brooks/Dean Martin

Love it, Dino just can't keep it together! That's what I loved about the old Carol Burnett show, they were always trying to get each other to break character and start laughing. In this case, the good old days were indeed good.

I realize now why Jerry Lewis was so funny -- he had the greatest straight man ever. Dean Martin was not only a great actor he was an even better re-actor.

I flew Dean Martin's son a couple times from Columbus MS to MEM to catch a flight. He was going through pilot training at the base there (Columbus AFB) and was dating Dorothy Hamill then. Tragically he died flying for the CA ANG in an F-4 he was flying.

I flew Dean Martin's son a couple times from Columbus MS to MEM to catch a flight. He was going through pilot training at the base there (Columbus AFB) and was dating Dorothy Hamill then. Tragically he died flying for the CA ANG in an F-4 he was flying.
I've read Dean was never the same after that. Can't blame him.

I've read Dean was never the same after that. Can't blame him.

I believe that's correct. I read when he was dying his wife (ex-wife?) told him it was ok to pass on, he'd see his son soon, something to that effect. Read that his death ate at him and he was never the same.

Back