CJ time

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
I got the opportunity to fly right seat yesterday in a pretty new Citation CJ. We're flying back this afternoon.
I tell you what, I'm spoiled for life. Soo quiet, so smooth, and relative to what I'm used to so fast.
I know the sitting around between legs isn't so much fun (that's what I'm doing now), but you guys who fly these jets all the time sure have a good thing going.
The lottery and a VLJ, Lance's new goal :yes:

Hey, when you put "CJ" in the title, it better be about one of these:

plane-03-med.jpg

:goofy:

Steve said:
Hey, when you put "CJ" in the title, it better be about one of these:

:goofy:
Unless Witchita's been moved to Romania :rolleyes:, it wasn't. I'll change the thread to C525 time; how bout that?

Lance:

Glad you got some jet time. Yes, they are nice, alluring, quiet, etc. Did you get to participate in paying the fuel bill (one of the least expensive parts of running those.)?

That's when I get humble!

Flew in a Baron from Addison to Austin one day with a Lear from our field--guys we knew--getting off the ground about 10 minutes after us. They landed about 10 minutes before us and we both parked at the same FBO. We topped the tanks--about 35 or 40 gallons. They did too, and put in about 235 gallons; that just happened to be one gallon per mile flown!! Didn't even want to know what other costs were on that bird!

The VLJ conversion being touted by Sierra Industries (501 Cessnas) don't mention fuel burn is about 150 gallons per hour.

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Lance:

Glad you got some jet time. Yes, they are nice, alluring, quiet, etc. Did you get to participate in paying the fuel bill (one of the least expensive parts of running those.)?

Dave
Dave, Fortunately not. But I thought about having to do it. Scary. The digital readouts were showing about 540 #/hr per side. That's got to be about 180 gph. If I'm not under 10 gph on a trip of any length at all, I'm not happy.

Sure is fun to fly though.

Lance F said:
Dave, Fortunately not. But I thought about having to do it. Scary. The digital readouts were showing about 540 #/hr per side. That's got to be about 180 gph. If I'm not under 10 gph on a trip of any length at all, I'm not happy.

About 78 GPH/side. (JetA is about 7 pounds/gal).

Still a bunch of fuel...

Lance F said:

Oh! I'm sure with ya there! Lots of things are a LOT of fun if you don't have to pay for them! Applies to more than planes :rofl:

Best,

Dave

I got to fly the Hondajet sim yesterday. Now THAT is a ride! Very responsive controls, climbs like the proverbial bat!

Wow Ken; Didn't know the wings flapped on the Honda jet; and only flies at night huh :p (Ya know, like a bat!).

Sounds like a great time. Interesting that they can simulate the performance so far ahead of the time the plane is certified.

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Sounds like a great time. Interesting that they can simulate the performance so far ahead of the time the plane is certified.
They built the sim themselves so that they could program in potential design changes and see how it would affect handling qualities. So right now it flies like the airplane flies. As the airplane changes -- IF it changes -- the sim will change as well.

Ken Ibold said:
They built the sim themselves so that they could program in potential design changes and see how it would affect handling qualities. So right now it flies like the airplane flies. As the airplane changes -- IF it changes -- the sim will change as well.

Boy, it they had built one of those for the Eclipse, it would have changed alright :lightning:

Best,

Dave

Back