Citabria home/farm videos.

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Thought I would share a typical day at the farm with the Citabria.

http://www.tailwindfoundation.org/videos/dr_take_off.wmv

http://www.tailwindfoundation.org/videos/dr_summer_breeze.wmv

Chip was kind enough to put these on his server for me. Thank you Chip. :)

I know I should include perfect landings, but who knows when they might happen. Look closely and you will see we put takeoff (and landing) bumps on the runways.

The complete Cuban 8’s are new for me, so those of you who know they can be improved……..don’t tell anyone else. ;)

Diana,

That's awesome! It makes me start to think I'm doing the wrong kind of flying. ;)

RobertGerace said:
Diana,

That's awesome! It makes me start to think I'm doing the wrong kind of flying. ;)
Not the "wrong" kind of flying Bob, but maybe not enough different kinds of flying :)

Nice videos Diana.

Wow!!! Very VERY nice! We suffered thru rain, drizzle and clouds here all day long... sure nice to see someone had fun!

RobertGerace said:
Diana,

Thanks Bob. :)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have it all? Or, at least one of every kind. :yes: Sometimes I wish I had a "go-fast" airplane, like yours.

BEEYootiful, Diana!!

Boy that Citab climbs like a rocket! Hey what is that 'ball' in the distance over the grain bin?

gibbons said:
Nice videos Diana.
Thanks for teaching me how to make them. :)

I would like to get some from the ground of you performing the Sportsman sequence.

Let'sgoflying! said:
BEEYootiful, Diana!!

Thanks Dave. :)

Let'sgoflying! said:
Boy that Citab climbs like a rocket! Hey what is that 'ball' in the distance over the grain bin?

That ball is on the wires the rocket has to clear. :yes:

Nice take off and landing, and in a cross wind too.
The cubans are one of the most difficult maneuvers, it looks like you are getting pretty good at them for a first attempt.
Stephen.

Diana said:
Thought I would share a typical day at the farm with the Citabria......

Awesome

Those are FANTASTIC clips! Diana, you're blessed to have your own little slice of heaven right outside your door!

Chip, these clip edits are very good, have you ever put things together and try to sell them? Quite good.

terzap said:
AWEsome! (Will you adopt me? Please?)
How bout if you adopt me and hopefully your wonderful artistic gift and talent would magically rub off on me. :)

Thanks for posting, Diana. Great videos. I'm jealous .. I
want a farm and a Citabria.

Excellent video's Diana! That was great to wake up to this morning.

How high were you doing the Cuban 8's?

That last takeoff...Did you start that takeoff roll in your front yard?

Frank.

P.S. Tell Tom he's doing great with the camera.

Diana said:
Thought I would share a typical day at the farm with the Citabria.

If that's a typical day, a great day is just beyond my imagination !

Heck, a bad day would beat being here at the office !

Awesome videos! :D

Bill Jennings said:
Chip, these clip edits are very good, have you ever put things together and try to sell them? Quite good.
Bill,
All I did was push the clips up to a web server, Diana did all the clip work. I think she did a great job too.

fgcason said:
Excellent video's Diana! That was great to wake up to this morning.
:)
fgcason said:
How high were you doing the Cuban 8's?
2500' AGL
fgcason said:
That last takeoff...Did you start that takeoff roll in your front yard?
Well, the Citabria thinks it's her front yard, but that's just the "north 40" (corn field). The actual front yard faces the dirt road and the orchard. BTW, Chip's blueberries in the orchard are starting to turn already. :yes: I hope to bring fresh blueberries to Gaston's if there are any left.
fgcason said:
P.S. Tell Tom he's doing great with the camera.
Thanks Frank, I'll tell him. Your suggestions helped him a lot. :)

gibbons said:
All I did was push the clips up to a web server, Diana did all the clip work.
You DID spend a lot of time teaching me how to do it. :cheerswine: You're so good at teaching; maybe you should become a CFI. :yes:

gibbons said:
I think she did a great job too.
Thanks Chip. :)

gibbons said:
Bill,
All I did was push the clips up to a web server, Diana did all the clip work. I think she did a great job too.

Diana, you did that? You ARE the bomb. Keep 'em coming!

Oh, and I love the opening, with the breeze blowing thu the trees, very artistic, sets a great mood for the clip.

Diana, I love the videos! Very, very inspiring. You go!!

Great flying (can I be jealous?).

The music and the videos are perfect. Are we going to see you at Caan?

Diana said:
2500' AGL

It looks a lot lower than that with the zoom where it was set. Nicely done.

Diana said:
Well, the Citabria thinks it's her front yard, but that's just the "north 40" (corn field). The actual front yard faces the dirt road and the orchard.

Front yard is relative. Besides, how many farm houses have the front door as the front door?

Diana said:
BTW, Chip's blueberries in the orchard are starting to turn already. :yes:

Yum. We use to go pick berries on the trails around the farm and eat them right there on the spot. Supremely excellent.

Diana said:
Thanks Frank, I'll tell him. Your suggestions helped him a lot.

:)

Really nice, Diana.

I'm still sad that the weather didn't permit flying the day I was up there.

bill

silver-eagle said:
Great flying (can I be jealous?).
The music and the videos are perfect. Are we going to see you at Caan?
OH, John, that's sweet. I'll pass that on to my cameraman. :)

fgcason said:
Front yard is relative. Besides, how many farm houses have the front door as the front door?
Hey! How did you know the front door isn't really the front door? ;)
fgcason said:
Yum. We use to go pick berries on the trails around the farm and eat them right there on the spot. Supremely excellent.
You bet. The mulberries are ripe now and we stop and eat some every time we go past one of the trees. Yum. :)

wsuffa said:
Really nice, Diana.
I'm still sad that the weather didn't permit flying the day I was up there.
You'll have to come back now so we can do more flying. :)

Diana said:
Hey! How did you know the front door isn't really the front door?

Simple. Like you, I forgot we had a front door. I would often go out the main door to get to the other side of the front door because I forgot the front door was there to go through. All the way around the house to go 2 feet total. :p

Last edited:
Nice videos and great flying. When do we get to see the video from the dash mounted camera or the passenger camera? If you need a volunteer to run the passenger camera, give me a call.

Dean :rolleyes:

Dean said:
When do we get to see the video from the dash mounted camera or the passenger camera?
Actually we did a run with Tom filming acro from the back seat. My take off and landing looked so rough from all the bouncing on our rough strip, that it might deter people from flying with me at Gaston's if they saw it. ;)

My rolls and loops need some more work, too. It's harder to detect the imperfections in my flying from 3000' away. :)

Spins filmed from the cockpit are next, as soon as we get the muffler back on.

Dean said:
If you need a volunteer to run the passenger camera, give me a call.
OK :)

Diana said:
Actually we did a run with Tom filming acro from the back seat. My take off and landing looked so rough from all the bouncing on our rough strip, that it might deter people from flying with me at Gaston's if they saw it. ;)

My rolls and loops need some more work, too. It's harder to detect the imperfections in my flying from 3000' away. :)

Spins filmed from the cockpit are next, as soon as we get the muffler back on.

OK :)

He'll never be able to hold the camera steady enough to avoid the jarring on takeoff and landing. He'll have to find something to brace it on. Cathy rests her hands on top of the panel, with the camera in them. If you set it right on the panel you pick up all the vibration from the plane. Won't work in the Citabria, but there's got to be something he can brace on in it, too.

Diana said:
as soon as we get the muffler back on.

Tom, or the plane? ;)

I'm sure those screams can be quite distracting :hairraise:

Bill Jennings said:
Tom, or the plane? ;)
I 'm sure those screams can be quite distracting :hairraise:
LOL!

Well, since you mentioned it; here are pictures of Tom having fun during his first acro ride with me, and one of my big brother after his first acro ride with me. Looks like a good time was had by all. :D

Joe Williams said:
He'll never be able to hold the camera steady enough to avoid the jarring on takeoff and landing. He'll have to find something to brace it on. Cathy rests her hands on top of the panel, with the camera in them. If you set it right on the panel you pick up all the vibration from the plane. Won't work in the Citabria, but there's got to be something he can brace on in it, too.
Yea, good point Joe. And when he's inverted it's even harder. We just traded in the first camera for one with a "steady shot" feature that is supposed to cut down a little bit on the shaking. We'll see if that helps.

Good thing he has nerves of steel; I can't imagine calmly holding onto a videocamera during a several-turn spin. :eek:

What Adam said! I swear my pulse rate doubled when I saw the prop speed up on the first one. Just great. The music is a perfect match for the subject, and the subject is just way too cool.

I don't have a farm or a citabria. Maybe I at least need a CD feed for my intercom :)

Really a nice job on the video. Truly professional looking work.

Jim G

One other question, How often do you have to replace the passenger seat? From the look on his face, it probably gets cone shaped.:hairraise:

grattonja said:
What Adam said! I swear my pulse rate doubled when I saw the prop speed up on the first one. Just great. The music is a perfect match for the subject, and the subject is just way too cool.
Really a nice job on the video. Truly professional looking work.

Gosh, thank you for the kind words Jim. :)

grattonja said:
I don't have a farm or a citabria. Maybe I at least need a CD feed for my intercom :)

Seems like music is able to enrich most any aspect of our lives, including flying. :)

Back