Cirrus SR-22 crashed into house, Upland CA. KCCB Airport.

I'm not implying anything. I'm telling you straight that the ballistic parachute system is installed and its container is visible in the photo. I'm not implying that it works or its testing was successful either. You only asked about the existence of this setup :)

Ok, so you are saying that the helicopter in the photo you posted has a ballistic parachute system installed on it and you are further saying that the container is visible in the photo.

So my question remains, where is this container located and if its anywhere other than on top of the mast head, what keeps it from being shredded on deployment?

I suppose you're saying it's the little canister under the tail boom. It's possible but man, that sure puts the line close to the rotor system. Probably would work unimpeded in forward flight, but don't think it would survive any other flight regime.

If the rotors hit that line, you'd might be out a parachute and a rotor system.

Last edited:
Yes, there’s like .001% of all helicopters are equipped with a parachute. We know this but the article states “witnesses thought it may have been a helicopter since a parachute was deployed.” That statement makes no sense because far more helicopters don’t have a parachute vs airplanes having a parachute.

Back