Cirrus SF50 crashes on takeoff from KLAN 8/24

I didn't realize the Cirrus SF50 was considered a 4WD.

Thanks.
It's not. It's only got 3 wheels and none of them are driven. Therefore it can't be a FOUR wheel DRIVE.

Let's try again.

"It's the 4WD mythology. Back when my coworker bought a 4WD Jeep he was always bragging about how great 4WD was and allowed him to go anywhere in any conditions. Of course, that's not true. Same thing with the jet, "hey it's a jet, we can do anything now!"

You see, he's drawing a comparison between people who think that just because a vehicle has 4WD that it can go anywhere to people who think that just because it's a jet, it can do anything.

It's not. It's only got 3 wheels and none of them are driven. Therefore it can't be a FOUR wheel DRIVE.

Let's try again.

"It's the 4WD mythology. Back when my coworker bought a 4WD Jeep he was always bragging about how great 4WD was and allowed him to go anywhere in any conditions. Of course, that's not true. Same thing with the jet, "hey it's a jet, we can do anything now!"

You see, he's drawing a comparison between people who think that just because a vehicle has 4WD that it can go anywhere to people who think that just because it's a jet, it can do anything.

Whatever. It just appears to be yet another one of his inane meaningless ramblings seeking attention.

You mean like you just did?

Got it.
iu

The scary one on my Ram truck is that if you try to back or go forward with the driver's door open (like you're checking for clearance), the thing slams on the brakes, shifts to park, and sets the parkign brake. All without giving you any indication of why. Took me a while to figure that one out.

I spent an hour one afternoon trying to figure out what, or who, I’d backed into in a parking lot. My best theory was I’d hit a golf cart or electric car that immediately scooted away unseen. Totally mystified me for a year before I figured out that a Ram thinks it’s out of control if you’re coasting backwards in neutral and locks the brakes.

I spent an hour one afternoon trying to figure out what, or who, I’d backed into in a parking lot. My best theory was I’d hit a golf cart or electric car that immediately scooted away unseen. Totally mystified me for a year before I figured out that a Ram thinks it’s out of control if you’re coasting backwards in neutral and locks the brakes.
Careful. The self appointed thread police is going jump in with a "And this fits in with the thread discussion how?" post. :rolleyes:

That’s unfair. Pilots of all income levels and net worth can fall victim to poor decision making.
As my dad used to say about someone "He always did have more money than brains. Even back when he was broke"

That's a pretty incredible tail number for a plane built in 2020. Good grief.

Back