Cirrus Party 7/24

Honestly I too once thought like that. After becoming an Cirrus Standardizied Instructor Pilot I have to say I am truly impressed with their current training and continued training programs. And that's coming from someone with both a military and Part 121 background. It's easy to disparage what you don't understand.

I know they have changed their training stance, but early on the answer for everything was pull the chute. Which is why I said they were putting that in the pilots heads, not are putting in.

I wish people would read what I wrote, and not what they wish I wrote.

I know they have changed their training stance, but early on the answer for everything was pull the chute. Which is why I said they were putting that in the pilots heads, not are putting in.

I wish people would read what I wrote, and not what they wish I wrote.
That is exactly what I read and that is exactly what they/we are teaching. From a thousand feet and higher, within or even close to the deployment envelope you have a historic 100% survival rate.

I don't know if you're a CFI or not but I can't tell you how many times I've had a student pick an off field landing site up high only to find out the closer we got to it the less suitable it turned out to be. That's precisely WHY they quite correctly spout their axiom "Pull early". The longer you wait the less successful the outcome is likely to be.

That is exactly what I read and that is exactly what they/we are teaching. From a thousand feet and higher, within or even close to the deployment envelope you have a historic 100% survival rate.

Do they count the one on fire over Boulder after the midair?

Back