Cirrus meetup!

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
26978560388_9f3e57e3dd_z.jpg

Don’t think it was an accident on the tarmac!

https://www.news4jax.com/news/fuel-leak-two-planes-collide-at-palatka-airport

So not what I was expecting to see.
Weird that the were no chutes ;)

And what the hell is "tarmac"? I've never called the ramp/apron/taxiway/runway/road/sidewalk "Tarmac". At least the news didn't call them both "Cessnas".

Does this mean high wing airplane sales will go up?

Quote:
Green did not wish to speculate about what happened, but said it can be difficult to see other aircraft when piloting a low-wing plane. "You just have to be aware of what you can't see," he said.

So not what I was expecting to see.
Weird that the were no chutes ;)

And what the hell is "tarmac"? I've never called the ramp/apron/taxiway/runway/road/sidewalk "Tarmac". At least the news didn't call them both "Cessnas".

Tarmac very common. Ya gotta get out more. ;):D

Last edited:
Tarmac very common. Ta gotta get out more. ;):D

The problem with low-wing planes is the lack of downward visibility. Of course high-wing planes have the same issue with upward visibility. That's why I am looking into a bi-plane. :p

Is that a prop in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

The problem with low-wing planes is the lack of downward visibility. Of course high-wing planes have the same issue with upward visibility. That's why I am looking into a bi-plane. :p

How about a "no wing" airplane ?

th

https://aviationglossary.com/tarmac/

"Tarmac" is a material consisting of tar and crushed stone or gravel; "tar macadam"

Tarmac – A common but inaccurate term often referring to the paved areas of airports where aircraft park. Usually referring to the airport ramp or “apron” near the terminals, hangars or FBO’s. The vast majority of aircraft operating areas are however constructed of concrete, not “tarmac”.

Parts market just got cheaper....

Not really though. Glad everyone was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was expecting to see this picture

Attachments

• IMG_20170724_211359_369.jpg
    IMG_20170724_211359_369.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 46
Back