Cirrus Jet

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
I see they unveiled today. couple decent pictures on Aero-news.net pretty cool looking.

The creators of The Jetsons may have a claim on the cockpit design.

I can't tell if it's pressurized or not, from the website(s). The windows look too big.

I can't tell if it's pressurized or not, from the website(s). The windows look too big.

Take a look at:

http://the-jet.com/transcript.html

Ground: I see you plan to cruise at FL250, @ 300 knots (pause)... hmm
Pilot: I could go faster, but I am not pressed for time today, grou

I doubt they'd make a "transcript" saying performance details the jet can't do. FL250 sounds very pressurized to me.

Take a look at:

http://the-jet.com/transcript.html

Ground: I see you plan to cruise at FL250, @ 300 knots (pause)... hmm
Pilot: I could go faster, but I am not pressed for time today, grou

I doubt they'd make a "transcript" saying performance details the jet can't do. FL250 sounds very pressurized to me.
No, that 's the SE certification limit for unpressurized ships, and for pressurized ships w/o the emergency decompression certification requirement.

It sounds unpressurized to me.

Wow. It's gorgeous. And roomy. (Like my first wife?)

I'm a doctor. That's a plane I could die in.

(Tongue-in-cheek double entendre intended.)

Have you seen how they require one to commit <g>. Just send in $100,000 and they will send you a contract. I didn't get where I am in business throwing out money before I had an acceptable contract.

Heck, I don't even know if this will fit in my hanger yet!!

Best,

Dave

I'll help you re-model your hangar for a ride... :- )

Have you seen how they require one to commit <g>. Just send in $100,000 and they will send you a contract. I didn't get where I am in business throwing out money before I had an acceptable contract.

Heck, I don't even know if this will fit in my hanger yet!!

Best,

Dave

You know how much profit the guys who jumped on positions for the SR-20 made?

I think it's funny that Cirrus wants $15,000 on a position transfer. They want a piece of the action. They might make a good cash flow if the positions get traded heavily!

It must be an illusion, but it looks as if the engine's centerline is not aligned with the plane's centerline. Might be a bit interesting to fly if increasing thrust rotates the nose down.

Bruce

It must be an illusion, but it looks as if the engine's centerline is not aligned with the plane's centerline. Might be a bit interesting to fly if increasing thrust rotates the nose down.

Bruce

the avweb article states that they redirect the thrust onto centerline.

The engine is also mounted flush with the 20-degree slope of the aircraft's back and the thrust is vectored to point it in the right direction.

Bruce

My instructor just got type rated in a lear. Apparently it does the same thing. As do the DC 10 and Tristar if I recall correctly.

It's gonna be interesting to see the differences in these planes; several are using the same engine and reporting different performance. A lot of hype with few or no facts. The Cirrus is just a mock up they used to go to the Board for funding.

A lot will change when the figure out things like how much pressurized doors add to weight and keeping the pressure vessel sealed. More seats with the same engine as one with fewer seats. Engine design and mounting will be interesting. Two to Three years projected until the first delivery. A lot can happen during that period. At least they are a proven manufacturer; not a start up from zero bringing computer production principles to aviation <g>

Best,

Dave

The only question I have is...

Will it be able to get into and out of Gaston's?:dunno::dunno::dunno:

yes folks civilized skydiving will be an option. i think i read that the attachment will be on the nose so the pilot will get a front seat view of the rocket firing and everything. how exciting!

The only question I have is...

Will it be able to get into and out of Gaston's?:dunno::dunno::dunno:

That would be the design point if I was making it. They seem to act like it will have good short field performance. That would be awesome if it could. Now we just have to find someone who gets one to come and give rides!

One thing about it, if you can afford the plane, you can afford to give rides! But then again, the group of people that can afford jets don't usually go for hanging out at a grass strip, enjoying the company of people who admire low-and-slow as much as need-for-speed livin'!!

Oh, well, I'll take you guys anyday! Unless of course a jet could come to Gaston's; then I'd drop ya like a hotcake...

One thing about it, if you can afford the plane, you can afford to give rides! But then again, the group of people that can afford jets don't usually go for hanging out at a grass strip, enjoying the company of people who admire low-and-slow as much as need-for-speed livin'!!

Oh, well, I'll take you guys anyday! Unless of course a jet could come to Gaston's; then I'd drop ya like a hotcake...

I imagine, Doc, that there are more than one or two in our midst (specifically including Gaston's attendees) for whom VLJ ownership is a viable option rather than a mere dream, and I further surmise that, should one or more of these People With Well-Managed Lives actually get such a plane, they'd change their stripes not one whit.

Which is to say, they'll still show up; they'll still give rides (perhaps from BPK, but still...); and they'll still act like folks.

There are some good eggs among pilot people.

I imagine, Doc, that there are more than one or two in our midst (specifically including Gaston's attendees) for whom VLJ ownership is a viable option rather than a mere dream, and I further surmise that, should one or more of these People With Well-Managed Lives actually get such a plane, they'd change their stripes not one whit.

Which is to say, they'll still show up; they'll still give rides (perhaps from BPK, but still...); and they'll still act like folks.

You haven't been paying attention. According to some of the redheads once you buy a Cirrus you officaially have more money than skill. It might be fun to watch to see if we can spot when and how the hours and wisdom fade away.

Ugh. They LOST my interest again. That's just a MOCKUP. NO Development has been done. sigh.....sigh.....sigh.

They'd just have to land at Mountain Home and get a lift over in more fun planes like this year :rofl:

Best,

Dave

Kent,
You need to talk to Alan and make him realize that he'd have a bonanza (pun intended) if he would bring The Jet to Gaston's next year for a road show!

...pulled up right next to an eclipse on the ramp at PWK on Sunday....VERY sweet little tweet.... :)

I'm sure the Cirrus will be nicely designed, too. Just need some likely specs....that's a one BIG cabin for that engine to push.

BPK??? Bah!!! Check this out:

AvWeb's CirrusJet article said:
Klapmeier told the crowd on Thursday that he wants to be able to land on grass strips, and he didn't appear to be kidding.

What many folks don't know is that Alan Klapmeier is one of the "good eggs" Spike mentioned below. In fact, if you listen to his appearance on Pilotcast #51, he mentions how, while he'd like new pilots to be learning to fly in their brand-spankin'-new Cirri, he also thinks they should then learn to appreciate a nice grass strip on a sunny Saturday. Alan himself owns a 1950 de Havilland Chipmunk for doing exactly that. :) :yes:

SCCutler said:

Ya got that right.

What many folks don't know is that Alan Klapmeier is one of the "good eggs" Spike mentioned below. In fact, if you listen to his appearance on Pilotcast #51, he mentions how, while he'd like new pilots to be learning to fly in their brand-spankin'-new Cirri, he also thinks they should then learn to appreciate a nice grass strip on a sunny Saturday.
One of the Cirrus semi-bigwigs I know is not a pilot, but plans on learning in the jet. From 0 hours. Perhaps obviously, said person has flown in the airplanes a lot -- but always as a passenger.

Back