Cirrus jet damaged....

I saw a champ go careening into a fuel tank after a hand prop went wrong. Plane was totalled and the fuel tank just had a little skidmark on it

Not the same plane, but this is the sort of damage a Cub prop can do, right?
KathrynsReport.jpg

That will buff out.

Anyone with substantial assets (multi-millions) should have an Umbrella policy to cover liabilities that exceed their asset-specific coverages (aircraft, auto, home, etc). They are generally not too expensive, on the order of $300 for a million dollars of coverage.

No such thing as guaranteed protection in all circumstances, but more policies equals more coverage AND more insurance company lawyers to prevent you from being a soft target. All that increases the odds that all parties involved perceive a settlement within coverage limits to be advantageous to slugging it out in court.

Anyone with substantial assets (multi-millions) should have an Umbrella policy to cover liabilities that exceed their asset-specific coverages (aircraft, auto, home, etc).
FYI: need to check the fine print on those Umbrella policies as most usually do not cover aviation related losses even at the commercial policy level. Some policies even specifically exempt all aviation related claims.

FYI: need to check the fine print on those Umbrella policies as most usually do not cover aviation related losses even at the commercial policy level. Some policies even specifically exempt all aviation related claims.

Good tip, thanks.

Owned a business I got an LLC for attorney said it might protect me if someone ran into the back of my trailer wasn't wearing a seatbelt ended up dead. The only reason I really got the LLC so I could get a SBA loan and didn't have to list my home address for the business. The liability insurance was about the same million dollars only paid out if something happend to a 3rd party and it had nothing to do with me running the business. Example was someone died while trying to steal my catalytic converter jack failed car fell on them. :D I always read more insurance is always better then none. Lucky I never had to use it. If you have lot to lose in life get an attorney to review insurance polices.

Hand props are just a mistake
Umbrellas almost always exclude aircraft and boats.

Back