Chuck N. Cylinders

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
Does anyone have any words to say about his "straight bore" cylinders?

Is it the greatest thing since _____ or just hot air?

I'm just curious what replacing the #3 and/or #4 (aft) cylinder would do to CHT's. Lycoming O320 that gets run HARD in the 177....

I am pretty certain that Lance Fisher has a set of these cylinders on his Baron; I further recall that he has been pleased with their performance, but (of course) I will hope for his direct testimony on the issue.

I was hoping they were Chuck Norris cylinders....

:cue jokes:

Interesting I wonder if you can get his rebuilt cylinder with a cermaNil coat? They just send the cylinder out to have it hardened before assembly.

Chuck Norris never needs to overhaul his cylinders. He simply threatens to roundhouse kick them and gets compressions of 90/80.

I am pretty certain that Lance Fisher has a set of these cylinders on his Baron; I further recall that he has been pleased with their performance, but (of course) I will hope for his direct testimony on the issue.
Yep. I've got about 500 hours on the engines so far and the oil consumption is still great (1 qt/20-25 hrs), compressions are typical for TCM (65-70/80) and they do run cool. I was never convinced that they provide "free" HP as Chuck claimed.

Yep. I've got about 500 hours on the engines so far and the oil consumption is still great (1 qt/20-25 hrs), compressions are typical for TCM (65-70/80) and they do run cool. I was never convinced that they provide "free" HP as Chuck claimed.

What's the claim on your engine power now? We're rated at 300 HP @ 2850 RPM and 285 @ 2700. I think we're on the high side of that myself, but Charlie M did a 3-angle valve job on our cylinders. Under 100 hours so far.

I was hoping they were Chuck Norris cylinders....

:cue jokes:

I hear that, with just one of those cylinders, you can throw away your starter and battery. You will have to throw away the other cylinders also.

29030033.jpg

Last edited:
What's the claim on your engine power now? We're rated at 300 HP @ 2850 RPM and 285 @ 2700. I think we're on the high side of that myself, but Charlie M did a 3-angle valve job on our cylinders. Under 100 hours so far.
I do expect that these engines would produce 300 HP at 2850 RPM but I have no way to tell since the airplane restricts the RPM to 2625.

Back