Christmas Laser Lights

I went flying on Thursday night and saw one of those. It was bright enough to stand out from everything else and grab my attention from 2000' agl but wasn't blinding. I might not have been directly in its "line of fire" though.

Good! Maybe the lights will blind the fat man in the red suit and his reindeer and they will come crashing down. That fokker still owes me a train set from when I was nine.

Good! Maybe the lights will blind the fat man in the red suit and his reindeer and they will come crashing down. That fokker still owes me a train set from when I was nine.
No Sir! You were on the "naughty" list at nine. Remember that incident with the neighbors dog? :nono:

:D:D

I have a neighbor that set one of these up- it basically shoots hundreds of green dots onto the house. Somehow it got aimed towards my garage (wind?) and while backing out my eyes were greeted by those green dots, very irritating! :mad:

We need to mount the laser lights on some drones,now that would make for an interesting situation.

How funny. My sister just got a couple of these during Thanksgiving and asked me to set them up at her house. I had never seen these but they come with a stake so you can put them in the group pointed up towards the house. My first thought, living close to Miami International, was that putting them in the ground aiming up may not be a good idea. Thankfully she has two trees in front of her house so I put them in the trees aiming down at the house. As I was doing all of this I was wondering how long it would be before someone aimed these incorrectly and affected air traffic. Looks like a couple of weeks!!

Wasn't there a thread on here ealier about someone asking about these lights?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

My neighbor, two doors down, has one of those staked out in her front yard. It points away from the airport. Anyone approaching the airport from the WNW might see them. When I checked, it did seem properly aimed but there are probably a few speckles that are missing her house and trees.

My wife thinks they make a house look like its got measles...

I got hit with what I think was one of these at about 2000' AGL.

It was not blinding, but definitely "bright".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought two of the ones from Monoprice. I'll set up them up tonight.

And my house is about 2 miles out right on a runway centerline... :redface: ...but not on the lighted runway that would be used at night.

Back