Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Love chocolate but stay away from it

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Anything, anytime

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • You can have mine

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters
I LOVE DARK and find milk pretty scrumptious as well. But If I had to choose it would be dark hands down. As for brand. Well that's easy Wilbur Buds made by the Wilbur chocolate factory in Lititz PA. Ohhhh so dense!

astanley said:
snip

Curry, cardamom, and vietnamese cinnimon with curried walnuts in a dark chocolate shell.

in Tofino (which used to be a backwater but is now getting quite yuppified - prices included - there is a new gourmet pizza and pastry shop - also sells gourmet chocolates - all made on premises.

I bought a handful of "Jesstonics" which were chocolate ganache, with rosemary, cardamom, and cracked black pepper infused in it. and sprinkled with powdered sugar. oh my.

woodstock said:
in Tofino (which used to be a backwater but is now getting quite yuppified - prices included - there is a new gourmet pizza and pastry shop - also sells gourmet chocolates - all made on premises.

I bought a handful of "Jesstonics" which were chocolate ganache, with rosemary, cardamom, and cracked black pepper infused in it. and sprinkled with powdered sugar. oh my.

Oh dear. that does sound like a chocolate adventure!

Cheers,

-Andrew
who is knee deep in a contract amendment and is desperate for a box of chocolate

You didn't go, did ya? They are RIGHT UP THE STREET from my aunt and uncle's B+B / Spa... not to mention Enoteca down the road, and all of the amazing dining (plus the dinner I *owe* you) in Portsmouth...

Oh, she has a new one... a bourbon cherry truffle. As a bourbon fan, a manhattan fan, a cherry fan, and a chocolate fan, let's just say... oh dear.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Last edited:
not yet! I will let you know.. it won't be in the winter though. hahahaha

Lindbergh's Crossing, an aviation themed American / French fusion place, is closing in March. It has some of the best bistro food I've had in YEARS. It is absoultely amazing... a morel infused whipped fois gras en croute, oh dear...

So, long story short, get yourself up here. Plus, if you come up at the right time, I'll have my pics back from Levanto...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Wasn't Scharffen Berger recently bought by Nestle or Hershey?
I'm sitting here LOOKING at bars of Extra Dark (82%), Jamaica a l'ancienne (70%), and Kumasi Sambirano (68%). Leslie has turned me onto dark chocolates!

Lindbergh's Crossing, an aviation themed American / French fusion place, is closing in March. It has some of the best bistro food I've had in YEARS. It is absoultely amazing... a morel infused whipped fois gras en croute, oh dear...

So, long story short, get yourself up here. Plus, if you come up at the right time, I'll have my pics back from Levanto...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Boston or Maine? and how cold is it in March? :rolleyes:

Chocolate's OK. I'm not especially picky. I do love Hershey's Kisses...or those little chocolate football, with a cup of coffee though! :yes:

Boston or Maine? and how cold is it in March? :rolleyes:

It's in Southern Maine... and it's not much colder compared to your locale... plus, you're only cold when you walk outside. Then you come eat, eat the foie gras, the bilibi soup, and a the seafood paella and the cheese board, drink a few bottles of wine, go back, sit in the hot tub, drink more wine, and pass out in the down-comforter, down-pillowed B&B.

Last year, Jessie and I followed a pretty similar trajectory - she got a sugar scrub body thing in the spa, followed by a couples massage, followed by tea and books, followed by Lindberghs, followed by hot tub, followed by comfortable bed! Really, it's "scrumtrulescent"! :yes:

http://www.lindberghscrossing.com/pages/menu.html

Cheers,

-Andrew

why would they close then??

They are relocating to Provincetown. The owners are looking to move there (it is the "epicenter" of gay culture in the area), so the chef is buying them out. We're not sure exactly what he is going to do, I imagine the theme will spread to North Africa and a little Mexico (he lived in Mexico for a time)...

So, that's the story. They'll be back, under a new name and with a slightly different menu. This place is an experience . . .

Cheers,

-Andrew

Delete this thread!!!!

I have gained five pounds, just reading it!!!!!:D

Stay warm, y'all,
Jim

I'm a "Gentleman of Luxurious Proportions"

OMG, lost my coffee on that one. Hope you don't mind, but that's one I'm going to co-opt for myself!

p.s. What's the source?

p.p.s: Riverside Chocolate Factory...if you're within 50 miles of McHenry, Illinois it's worth the trip. IMO, hard to find anything much better this side of the big pond

Back