Chicagoland needs another regional airport

masloki

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Nunya
Well, Chicagoland is getting one regardless of need. Sigh.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/07...gislation-daley-calls-3rd-airport-cruel-hoax/

What is in the water in Springfield that makes our governors do crazy things? When your customers are against you, it is bad idea - full stop.

If you want to spring up a regional airport, how about building up KUGN or KARR? Both have towers and runways galore. And buying up the land in Waukegan really won't be that hard.

edit: better article. Original article seems to be missing.

Last edited:
You guys already had a nice little airport in Chicago. Who is being dumb enough to trust you with another one?

Joking... mostly...

Page won't load up. Where are they wanting to put it?

You guys already had a nice little airport in Chicago. Who is being dumb enough to trust you with another one?

Joking... mostly...

I'm not. The FAA shouldn't give Chicago one thin dime after what happened to Meigs.

Page won't load for me either.

But, if it's a brand-new airport, then I am indeed struck by the irony that we fight fight fight to keep airports from closing, but then complain when a new one is built.

But, if it's a brand-new airport, then I am indeed struck by the irony that we fight fight fight to keep airports from closing, but then complain when a new one is built.

I think I'm well within my rights to complain about a municipality demolishing one of the finest airstrips in the world and then asking for my tax dollars to build a brand new one.

Perhaps this link:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...1_quinn-signs-airport-project-peotone-airport

It is in a town called Peotone. Living here all of my life, I still have no clue where the heck that town is, or why it is vital we put an airport there.
I've never lived in Illinois but I thought it sounded familiar. Sure enough there's a Peotone VOR (EON) and the town is just a few miles north of it.

Way outside the Chicago TAC chart boundaries BTW. I wonder why they want a regional field way in the heck out there. Pork project, maybe?

I flew into Dupage yesterday 9am. Only 2-3 planes o the whole ramp! Looked pretty quiet while I was there.

Page won't load up. Where are they wanting to put it?

Peotone. It's been talked about for years. No, decades. Seems to me that there was talk about it 20 years ago when I did some consulting work for the State of Illinois.

Guess Midway, O'Hare, and Gary (plus the other heavy GA airports) simply aren't good enough.

Peotone. It's been talked about for years. No, decades. Seems to me that there was talk about it 20 years ago when I did some consulting work for the State of Illinois.

Guess Midway, O'Hare, and Gary (plus the other heavy GA airports) simply aren't good enough.

Yes, it was a regular point of discussion when I lived there from '87-'95. Seemed almost imminent then. I suspect they'll still be talking about it 25 years from now.

Peotone? That's not even close to Chicago. I mean, it's close compared to say San Francisco, but as a reliever? Two female sheep, a drink that's sweetened or unsweetened, and a failing grade.

I think I'm well within my rights to complain about a municipality demolishing one of the finest airstrips in the world and then asking for my tax dollars to build a brand new one.

No argument there. And I don't disagree, but I do think it squarely meets the definition of ironic.

People in Peotone go to Podunk when they want to enjoy a night out on the town.

They go to Brooklyn when they want good pizza.

-Rich

Follow the money.

Back