Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3CK - Wings, Etc.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • ORD - Hooters

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • MDW - Huck Finn's Donuts

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Oh I didn't even see this before. I'm in.

I don't remember a ramp fee at Signature. Haven't been to Atlantic, but I hear good things....either way, it's easy to avoid. Just taxi to Hangar 6 and pick up your passengers there. There's even lots of free parking on the airport property. PM me for the gate code. Or, do what I usually do when I can't remember the code and just tailgate someone through the gate :p

-Felix

In case it got lost in another thread, I plan to be there. Gotta work early on Wednesday so I will be in the neighborhood anyway.

Ok, guys. I am planning Pilot Pete's at 7:30 PM tomorrow. If I am wrong on this, I need to know soon.

Ok, guys. I am planning Pilot Pete's at 7:30 PM tomorrow. If I am wrong on this, I need to know soon.
You're not wrong. And if you were, would you want to be right?:fingerwag:

I'll have 2. Felix 3, Mike 2, Bob 9? PJ, Roebuck, Pete, you.
So as many as 20 people? Yeah, reservations definitely called for.

Okay. This is going to be an interesting event! It'll start with the US Coast Guard Auxiliary (Scott & Apache Bob's group) at 5:00, with about 9 people. Then, at about 7:30, PoA will join in, bringing the total to about 20. I've made a reservation with the above information under the name "Pilots of America." I also requested the Balloon Room, so it'll be a little quieter, but she said that would depend on whether the manager opens the room up. The gist is, PoA folk can show up anytime after about 6:30 and find a contingent already there!

Sounds great, I can't wait! I may or may not have my trainee in tow. He has a cousin in the area and is trying to get in touch with her, but not having much luck. So, chances are, he'll be with me too. Glad for the great turnout! I'm looking forward to meeting those I haven't met in person and seeing again those I have!

Sounds great, I can't wait! I may or may not have my trainee in tow. He has a cousin in the area and is trying to get in touch with her, but not having much luck. So, chances are, he'll be with me too. Glad for the great turnout! I'm looking forward to meeting those I haven't met in person and seeing again those I have!
I'm looking forward to it too! Leslie's reurning from Tucson that afternoon, and has to get a pot-luck meal ready for work the next day. I'm hoping she'll be sane! :)

Haven't been poking around the boards lately, but I'll be joining in too!

Well Looks like I'm out. :frown3:

Ed may call me a wuss, but I just don't feel like dealing with a cold front passage tonight. :D

Well Looks like I'm out. :frown3:

Ed may call me a wuss, but I just don't feel like dealing with a cold front passage tonight. :D
Embedded TS at night is not fun. :no: But if you can make it down here safely, we could give you somewhere to sleep.

Just got home from a great get-together at Pilot Pete's! We had 20 people there, including many who rarely make it to PoA get-togethers. We had (in approximate order of when they arrived):
Bob Allen + 7 US Coast Guard Auxiliary volunteers
Grant Prellwitz
Leslie Prellwitz
Greg Bockelman
PJ Gustafson
Felix Morio
Mike Andrews + Cindy
Scott Istvan
John Roebuck + 3 friends in a 172

We had the Balloon Room all to ourselves, overlooking the ramp. The weather was nice, so we were entertained with a number of operations, including a nice red Waco giving rides. The food was very good, and the company even better! John and one of the Guardies took some pictures, so hopefully they'll be posted here.

I am a restaurant person. That said, I have to admit that I was impressed by the food.

Thanks all for making time for this! And PJ, enjoy Chicago! :p

-Felix

pictures::cheerswine:

Attachments

• 100_1733.JPG
    100_1733.JPG
    645.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1743.JPG
    100_1743.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 100_1751.JPG
    100_1751.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 100_1752.JPG
    100_1752.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 100_1800.JPG
    100_1800.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Sounds like you guys had fun. Nice pictures aswell. Hopefully ill be able to meet some of you somtime.

Huh, I thought my group took more pictures at the resturaunt, anyone else have any?

I realized at work today that I'd forgotten my camera at home! :( But I enjoyed the ones you've posted. Bob, did someone from your group take any that we can get? I know I saw a camera in the hands of your photographer. :)

I had a great time seeing everyone. The food was great!
As usual, I was recruiting volunteers for the US Coast Guard Auxiliary. The pay is not great, but the fellowship makes it worth the effort. And we get to fly!
I will ask Paul if he can give me a disc of the photos to post here.
It was nice to meet everyone.:cheerswine:
ApacheBob
:blueplane:

Back