Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Hey Everyone!

I'll be back in the Chi-town area the week of 8/24! I'll be up in Pleasant Prairie, WI this time, but I'd be glad to make the trek to Pilot Pete's one night for dinner... anyone available that week? I'm available Mon-Thu night, so please let me know what's best for you.

Hey Everyone!

I'll be back in the Chi-town area the week of 8/24! I'll be up in Pleasant Prairie, WI this time, but I'd be glad to make the trek to Pilot Pete's one night for dinner... anyone available that week? I'm available Mon-Thu night, so please let me know what's best for you.

Pleasant Prarie is just 20 minutes from me so we could hook up for the drive.

I'll mark the calendar.

I might be able to make it. Pleasant Prairie is about a 1:45 hour drive from my home with 294 under construction.

I never know where I'm going to be, but if I'm around I'll try to make it.

I might be up to the trip to pilot pete's! I'd be flyinh up from Indiana

I'm thinking Pilot Pete's on either Tuesday or Wednesday 8/25 or 8/26... do you all have a preference?

I don't care which day, but preferably 7-7:30 or so for a meet-up time would be best for me.

So, How about Wednesday at 7:30 at Pilot Pete's? Grant are you driving up or flying? I'll be coming right over LOT.

How about 94th Aero Squadron at PWK so the drive for PJ (and me) is shorter.

The food is a notch or two less, but you do get to look at at an active airport. It's more steaks and dinners than pub food.

The food is a notch or two less, but you do get to look at at an active airport. It's more steaks and dinners than pub food.

Or you could fly your airplane down to Schaumburg, Mike :D:devil:

So, How about Wednesday at 7:30 at Pilot Pete's? Grant are you driving up or flying? I'll be coming right over LOT.
I work in Palatine, so I'm afraid that wouldn't do me any good. Thanks, though!

PWK is more active in the JetA-burning crowd, yes. 06C is more of a 100LL kind of place. But either would work for me. Note that 94th AS is closed Mon and Tue.

Or you could fly your airplane down to Schaumburg, Mike :D:devil:
Yes! :yes: :)

Yea, If you're going to PWK, Bob Chin's is the place to go = pricey. Not that the flying up there is cheap:redface::eek:

I do prefer Pilot Pete's menu to 94 AS but I don't want my personal opinion to sway everyone else...

Yea, If you're going to PWK, Bob Chin's is the place to go = pricey. Not that the flying up there is cheap:redface::eek:

I do prefer Pilot Pete's menu to 94 AS but I don't want my personal opinion to sway everyone else...
I too prefer the menu at Pilot Pete's to 94th Aero Squadron and prefer Bob Chinn's Crabhouse to both of them. It's not too pricey (though certainly more than PP), but thought that people wanted a restaurant on an airport. But Chinn's is the place to go around PWK, and I'll pick up anybody who flies in. (Note that there's a landing fee, though.)

Last time I flew into PWK it cost me a $20 ramp fee IIRC.

I'd love to know if there is a trick to finding free short term (passenger pickup) parking there.

Done.

In true Chicago style, you can vote for more than one.
Thanks, Mike. Probably too late to change (and inconsequential to boot), but Squadron is spelled with an 'S' and Chinn's has two 'n's.

For reference:

attachment.php

http://www.wingsetc.net/

Gotta love that logo.

http://www.thefullslab.com/

I'd arrange a caravan, being that I have 8 seats in the van and 5 in the car. I can give one to another driver.

Attachments

• WingsLg_Index0809Over.png
    WingsLg_Index0809Over.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 63
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been away for a few days. I've already made plans for Wednesday night, so I'm thinking Pilot Pete's on Tuesday night. 94th Aero Squadron might be closer, but you can also get those in other parts of the country, and the food's not as good. Sorry, you guys got me hooked on PP's when I was there in January. So, I'm going to pull the "I'm the guest" card and say Pilot Pete's at 7:30p on Tuesday, August 25. Mike, PM me your address and I can pick you up on the way down.

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been away for a few days. I've already made plans for Wednesday night, so I'm thinking Pilot Pete's on Tuesday night. 94th Aero Squadron might be closer, but you can also get those in other parts of the country, and the food's not as good. Sorry, you guys got me hooked on PP's when I was there in January. So, I'm going to pull the "I'm the guest" card and say Pilot Pete's at 7:30p on Tuesday, August 25. Mike, PM me your address and I can pick you up on the way down.
Heck, all you had to say was that Wednesday wouldn't work for you, because 94AS is closed Tuesday! See you Tuesday at PP!

Woohoo!!:D

Now, How can we recognize each other, I've never met any of you before!

Woohoo!!:D

Now, How can we recognize each other, I've never met any of you before!
It shouldn't be a problem. Just walk in looking befuddled and we'll recognize you as a fellow pilot! :aureola::arf:

Actually, I'll try to wear a PoA cap.

Just look for the two guys to the left and the one in the back-right corner:

attachment.php

The bald guy is me, the guy next to me in the cap is Grant, and the guy in the back-right corner is Mike A.

Hey guys,

So, I'm going to pull the "I'm the guest" card and say Pilot Pete's at 7:30p on Tuesday, August 25. Mike, PM me your address and I can pick you up on the way down.
I'm in with a better than average chance of coming!:blueplane:

I'm probably gonna be... Somewhere. :dunno: Delivering near Pittsburgh on Monday afternoon.

A few other (8) flying buddies may be joining us.B)

Back